To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certifications and Licenses:
No Certifications needed.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiple and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have basic computer knowledge of Windows and Microsoft Office software.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Thinking is intelligent and decisions made are logical; defines and analyzes problems, asks good questions and gathers needed data before making decisions; effectively documents and acts upon decisions made and accepts responsibility for such decisions; demonstrates good common sense.
- The ability to observe, evaluate, summarize and apply meaningful data in the problem solving process. The level of logical reasoning necessary to connect required actions to desired outcomes. The ability to forecast events based upon current situations. Demonstrated skill in generating alternative solutions to problems.
Attention to Detail:
- The level at which tasks are performed carefully, accurately and in accordance with specific bar graphs.
- Written - Individual writes clearly and concisely with little need for editing (includes spelling and grammar). Oral - Expresses self in speech as to be clearly and completely understood; adheres to RVB Telephone Standards; supports a favorable environment for open communication; addresses concerns or problems in an open non-defensive manner; conveys self-confidence and knowledge of subject in speaking to customers. Listens - Is attentive and transmits correct information to appropriate people; accepts constructive feedback.
- Individual demonstrates a positive and helpful attitude toward customers (internal and external), understands their importance to River Valley Bank and understands how his/her job affects customers; establishes and maintains good relationships through interactions or work completed; projects a positive and professional image of River Valley Bank; Provides "WOW" customer service: Win every customer over, take Ownership of every customer issue and have a Wonderful time doing what you do.”
- The level of trustworthiness, character, professionalism, confidentiality, and honesty in dealing with internal or external customers.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Some travel may be required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.