Summary: This position will assist the Business and Consumer Loan Administrators, Lenders and Customers specific to those areas of business and consumer loans after the loan has closed and is booked to the core system. Provides customer service for business and consumer loan questions and transactions to internal and external customers. Follow guidelines to ensure reporting of business and consumer loans are accurate.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties my be assigned.
Enter and edit loan information in Core System
Balances and files claims for Credit Life and Accident & Health Insurance accounts
Input real estate property information into Tax Tracking Software and clear exceptions
Balancing of General Ledger and Deposit Accounts (daily and monthly)
Review for accuracy the Loan CIP files
Telephone and Email customer service on all loan activity
Process transactions on all Participated Loans
Processing and image insurance mail
Process Internal and External Credit Verifications
Enter loan documentation into imaging system
Index loan CIP documents into imaging system
Follow up on loan documentation exceptions
Process transactions on the Core System for the Collection Department
Review daily reports for the accuracy of loan input and maintenance
Small Business Administration reporting and balancing
Review Business and Consumer Real Estate loan types for pledge-ability in national programs
Monitor loans that are in Flood Zones by comply with regulations including following up with Flood Insurance
Monitor the reporting of USDA and PECFA loans
Review daily, weekly and monthly statements and send to customer
Help in response to Compliance Department audits
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certifications and Licenses:
No certifications needed.
- Computer Skills
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, and Excel), Windows, Word Processing software; Spreadsheet software and Database software.
- Math Skills
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Reasoning Skills
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Language Skills
- Ability to read and interpret legal documents and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively with coworkers within and outside of the department as well as to customers via phone.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Attention to Detail:
- The level at which tasks are performed carefully, accurately, and in accordance with specific instructions. Consistency of work quality and compliance with standards, requirements, and expectations. The tracking of numerical data and detailed organizational information, and the careful application of grammar, spelling, and punctuation rules.
- Individual possesses and demonstrates the technical ability to perform required duties, is practical in applying knowledge to assignments, and maintains expertise by keeping current with new developments and procedures. Ability to efficiently and effectively manage several different tasks at the same time.
- The ability to define and offer solutions to resolve problems. Uses knowledge of the organization to identify helpful resources.
- Written - Individual writes clearly and concisely with little need for editing (includes spelling and grammar). Oral - Expresses self in speech as to be clearly and completely understood; adheres to RVB Telephone Standards; supports a favorable environment for open communication; addresses concerns or problems in an open non-defensive manner; conveys self-confidence and knowledge of subject in speaking to customers. Listens - Is attentive and transmits correct information to appropriate people; accepts constructive feedback.
- Individual demonstrates a positive and helpful attitude toward customers (internal and external), understands their importance to River Valley Bank and understands how his/her job affects customers; establishes and maintains good relationships through interactions or work completed; projects a positive and professional image of River Valley Bank; Provides "WOW" customer service: Win every customer over, take Ownership of every customer issue and have a Wonderful time doing what you do.”
- The level of trustworthiness, character, professionalism, confidentiality, and honesty in dealing with internal or external customers.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Some travel may be required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and talk or hear.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.