Fanscape LLC is a leading social media marketing agency with over 14 years of consumer online marketing experience and is a division of The Marketing Arm, which is wholly owned by Omnicom Group Inc., one of the largest marketing and advertising companies in the world.
We are one of the original Word of Mouth marketing agencies to harness the power of leading social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter and YouTube for our Fortune 500 clients. We devise effective social media marketing campaigns as well as manage our clients’ branded social media properties with the goal of increasing customer loyalty, engagement, brand perception and market share. Fanscape works with clients across a variety of industries including entertainment, technology, gaming, consumer package goods, travel and automotive.
Fanscape’s online influencer marketing experts have in-depth understanding of niche audiences and consumer behaviors across the Web, providing highly measurable, earned media strategies for major corporations within our business units.
Fanscape is looking for a full time Digital / Social Publicist in our Los Angeles office who has online and traditional public relations (PR) hands on experience working with national campaigns to generate reach and positive awareness for Fanscape's Fortune 500 clients. The strongest candidates will have experience working within a PR or social media marketing agency on consumer facing brands and entertainment networks.
The Digital / Social Publicist will create and manage blogger / influencer promotions, design and manage ambassador programs, conceive and execute brand contests, sweepstakes and design engaging digital and/or social promotions. The Digital Publicist will also manage many aspects of in-market press days as well provide copywriting support for our client campaigns. This dynamic position will work very closely with our client’s internal marketing, PR, customer service, talent, legal and social media departments.
We seek candidates with PR campaign experience in one or more or the following verticals: Entertainment, Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG), Retail, Gaming, Travel or Automotive. The ideal Digital Publicist will have active relationships and work experience with Mom, Dad, and Young Adult bloggers / influencers on both an earned and paid basis. This position is based out of Fanscape’s Los Angeles, CA office, works with a growing team of marketers and reports to the Director of Marketing.
- Research and identify key influencers, bloggers and online media in designated verticals
- Experience identifying, recruiting and managing influencer/brand ambassador programs
- Experience negotiating and executing paid blogs/blog networks
- Craft quality pitches that effectively communicate client message/ask
- Proactively identify angles and pitch customer, product, vertical and/or issues-based stories
- Secure and negotiate earned and paid placements including interviews, reviews, news items, giveaways, video segments, etc.
- Identify, establish and manage on-going influencer/brand ambassador programs
- Establish and build relationships on behalf of Fanscape and their clients
- Ensure proper FTC disclosure when necessary
- Develop press releases, media alerts, case studies and testimonials
- Stay on top of industry trends, the latest PR/social media advancements and relevant campaigns
- PR Agency Experience – 2-5+ years at a regional or national PR or social marketing agency is strongly preferred.
- Influencer / Blogger Outreach - Experience identifying, recruiting and managing influencer / brand ambassador programs for large, national consumer facing brands and has established relationships with them.
- Pitching - Experience pitching earned placements and pitching/negotiating paid placements. . Please be prepared to provide portfolio writing samples and coverage secured in industry(s) of expertise. Knowledge of FTC blogger guidelines.
- Writing & Communication: Must have strong written and verbal communication skills, and experience communicating with internal staff. Note: Fanscape complies with all WOMMA social media marketing guidelines and always discloses we are working on behalf of our branded clients.
- Social Media Passion - Acute understanding of and passion for social media.
- Positive Attitude: Must be able to approach each marketing campaign with a positive outlook and rally a team to be excited about campaign initiatives and always strives for continuous improvement in their campaigns, the Marketing Department and themselves.
- Self-starter - who is effective working independently and ability to work in fast-paced, deadline-driven environments.
- Creativity: Ability to develop creative, newsworthy PR campaign strategies and promotions and that resonate with the target audience to achieve our client’s campaign goals.
- Organization: Must be able to handle multiple campaigns simultaneously and have excellent personal organization skills and high attention to detail.
- Computer Savvy: Extremely savvy with the web and intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook) to assist with internal and client reporting. Savvy at web research.
- Education: BA or BS college degree in Marketing, communications or related is helpful.
- Prizing Fulfillment: able to lift packages of up to 35 lbs. or higher to assist with prizing fulfillment as needed from time to time.
For additional information, visit www.fanscape.com, check out our blog www.digitallyapproved.com and follow us on Twitter @Fanscape.
|We are built to help brands engage along the entire consumer journey.
Our focus? Make brands mean something to consumers no matter how they come in contact. Which is why we have deep expertise across multiple disciplines.
This creates an integrated solution of the critical marketing capabilities you need. Not to mention less overhead and more cohesive thinking.
It works! Over 100 top brands agree.
If you care about awards, we've got those too: 'Most Awarded Agency,' 'Most Creative Agency,' 'Best Places to Work,' Lions, Pencils, Clios, Reggies … you name it.
Be Anywhere. Do Anything. Start Here.
Named by Workplace Dynamics as one of the top places to work every year since 2010, The Marketing Arm has a strong culture that touches a 500-person corporate staff in its offices in Dallas, NYC, Chicago, LA and London. The agency is part of Omnicom's Diversified Agency Services.
Follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and Facebook, and visit our blog.