General Statement of Duties:
• Under the direction of the Executive VP Corporate, guide, educate, mentor, and coach HR staff, develop performance reviews and compensation structure ensuring application of both, maintain company policy and procedure manual, perform confidential investigations, coordinate with departments to provide employment offers and establish exit procedures, ensure Human Rights and Labour Standards are followed by all departments, and remain current on Canadian Immigration and employment/labour standards.
• Supervisor(s) as indicated in offer letter; reporting to the President/CEO.
• Functional supervision of assigned professional, technical, and clerical staff when carrying out requisite duties.
Summary of Duties: (Duties may include, but are not limited to the following)
• Enhance and administer company Policy and Procedure Manual as required.
• Act as primary resource person for employee complaints/conflicts and participate in the problem resolution process in order to establish or re-establish harmonious working relationships.
• Perform confidential investigative procedures as required.
• Coordinate efforts with individual departments to provide employment offers for new and transferred (either through promotion or departmental) employees.
• Coordinate efforts with individual departments to establish exit procedures for terminating employees.
• Assist where necessary in employee reprimands, progressive discipline process, terminations, performance planning/reviews to ensure Labour Standards and Human Rights regulations are being followed.
• Present and assist in career training opportunities as required.
• Assist HR Personnel with the development of recruitment advertisements and recruitment procedures for corporate Calgary.
• Liaise and assist senior management where necessary on HR related issues and concerns.
• Act as Privacy Office for the Company and maintain confidential HR files.
• Remain current with respects to Canadian employee immigration guidelines and assist in preparing USA L1B documents for Canadian employees being transferred to the United States.
• Remain current with respect to labor/employment standards for all provinces in which the Company operates and act as resource/support person to employees.
• Liaise with field office locations to ensure consistency in processes.
• Provide assistance and guidance to HR Admin Assistant with payroll statistics survey for PSAC organization.
• Develop, administer and track performance evaluation program for all departments
• Coordinate and assist in development of incentive pay program and suggest experience based knowledge
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to understand a variety of viewpoints.
• Tact and the ability to stay calm.
• Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
• Effective organizational skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Leadership ability.
Education and Experience:
• University Degree in Human Resources Management or Industrial Relations.
• 5 to 7 years experience.
|Savanna Energy Services is one of the fastest growing energy Services companies in Canada, with growing operations in the USA and Australia. We have one of the newest fleets of both Drilling and Well Servicing Rigs in the industry, leading the way with our innovative approach to safety, training, and Aboriginal partnerships.
Our goal at Savanna is to hire people who want to establish or further their career in the energy services industry. Savanna can provide local as well as international opportunities to their employees. We are in this industry for the long term, and we are looking to attract individuals who share our vision and passion for what we do! Take a look at what career opportunities Savanna can offer you.