“FIRST BUSINESS – Your Success Comes First!”
Join the winning team at First Business as a Deposit Operations Representative!
First Business is a locally managed, Wisconsin-based, successful, entrepreneurial, and growth-oriented financial services company that specializes in focused financial solutions for businesses, key executives, and high net worth individuals through its operating companies. Our companies specialize in commercial banking, asset-based lending, equipment financing, retirement plans, investment management, and trustee services. We provide specifically tailored solutions to meet our clients’ financial goals.
First Business is a growing company with opportunities that are vital to the operations and success of the company. We see our growth strategy as an opportunity to not only increase our market presence, but also to add top talent to our team of professionals.
The Deposit Operations Representative is a full-time position and provides support for the deposit functions for all First Business entities and locations. Responsibilities include processing lockbox, handling domestic and foreign wire activity, courier deposits, morning non-post, fed return items, foreign check processing, branch capture, and CIS work.
Specifically, as a Deposit Operations Representative you will:
- Process client lock box transactions and act as a backup to the primary lock box processing manager.
- Check in and process daily courier deposits including counting cash and end of day drawer balancing.
- Assist in operating and processing branch capture transactions in an accurate and quick manner in order to balance and endorse all items going through on a daily basis.
- Determine appropriate action needed for non-posted transactions, returned checks, and foreign check processing.
- Assist with processing domestic and foreign outgoing wires, incoming wires, and act as the backup to the primary wire processing manager.
- Work closely with all team members and cross train as needed in order to assist with all aspects of the client support function.
- Work collaboratively with other client support team members to create efficiences and improve processes and operations.
- Degree in a business related field preferred
- Previous banking experience preferred
- Strong knowledge of technology, business computer applications, and ability to pick up on new systems quickly
- Ability to demonstrate innovation, critical thinking, and problem solving skills
- Strong attention to detail and time management
- Desire to work as a team to improve the operations of the department, and work towards the overall goals of the organization
- Ability to handle routine tasks, but also demonstrate the capacity to handle higher level projects
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, that can be demonstrated with internal and external clients
- Strong personal drive and initiative, demonstrated work ethic, ability to work as a team, and a positive attitude
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and handle a high level of liability in the job