Founded in 1872, The Warren Group is a family-owned company known for its award-winning newspapers and custom publications, and recognized as New England's most trusted source of information, data and online tools for real estate, financial, and other professionals. We also provide mission critical market data and statistics to lenders, regulators, researchers, and real estate professionals throughout New England and beyond. The Warren Group publishes Banker & Tradesman, The Commercial Record, and many successful custom trade publications, and produces numerous events annually.
We are seeking a dynamic media sales profesional to join our Business Media Group. This is a unique opportunity to be part of a dynamic division of a well-established and highly respected company. you will work with clients and prospects on print and online advertising, sponsorships and events.
Ideal candidates will have a history of successful sales experience, knowledge of marketing principles and an understanding of general business practices. Energy, talent, creativity and a commitment to put in the effort necessary to surpass revenue goals are critical to success in this position, but no less so than the ability to hold intelligent, consultative and persuasive phone and face-to-face conversations with high-level executives. Solid sales-writing skills, strong organizational skills and the ability to meet numerous deadlines within a fast-paced environment are essential for success in our publishing and events division. The Warren Group serves industries that include banking, finance, real estate, accounting, law and construction, and is an equal opportunity employer. Compensation is base plus commission with a first year total expected between $55,000 and $65,000.
Reports directly to the Publishing Group Sales Manager.
Summary: The Advertising Account Manager is responsible for selling media – print, Internet and Email – advertising space and event sponsorships and exhibits, and for establishing and managing relationships with advertisers and agencies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Primary duty is to solicit and convince clients to enter into contracts to purchase The Warren Group goods and/or services;
- Achieves or surpasses sales quotas;
- Develops and maintains relationships with clients and prospects at all levels – from media buyers to CEOs, advertisers and their agencies;
- Maintains regular and effective verbal, face-to-face and written communication with clients and prospects;
- Acts as a marketing consultant with clients and prospects – discussing and recording their current business situation, challenges, opportunities and identifying key points of contact at the company;
- Enters and maintains client information, opportunities, challenges and contacts in CRM application;
- Presents opportunities and benefits of The Warren Group media;
- Prepares, presents and negotiates media plans, rates and proposals to meet client needs;
- Assembles, maintains and regularly connects with a pipeline of prospects;
- Prepares, delivers and internally manages advertising and event contracts and insertion orders;
- Addresses and solves problems in a timely and professional manner;
- Arranges and holds a minimum of 12 (twelve) offsite meetings with customers or industry professionals (May include trade shows, seminars or membership meetings.) within the year;
- Organizes and executes E-mail campaigns
- Occasional off-site travel required;
- Must have valid driver’s license;
- Other duties may be assigned as required by the Publishing Group Sales Manager.
- Two years of related sales experience or training;
- Must be adept at managing the sales process from cold call to closing;
- Must excel at selling intangibles such as ideas and concepts;
- Knowledge and understanding of marketing and business principles;
- Excellent written and conversational skills;
- Must inspire trust and credibility;
- Highly industrious and productive, with a superior work ethic;
- Proactive, assertive and resourceful and must perform work duties with a sense of urgency and focus.;
- Is creative and develops ideas, internally and with clients, to improve and promote The Warren Group and its clients;
- Quick learner with ability to customize solutions to meet a variety of client needs;
- Must be highly organized in order to manage multiple products, clients and deadlines;
- Performs job duties and responsibilities optimally;
- Works well in a team environment and inter-departmentally;
- Treats others with respect;
- Seeks increased responsibilities and volunteers readily;
- Represents the company positively and professionally, both internally and externally;
- Shows good judgment;
- Is creative and develops ideas, internally and with clients, to improve and promote TWG and its clients;
- Able to deal with multiple products, clients and deadlines;
- Performs well under pressure;
- Meets challenges with resourcefulness;
- Consistently at work and on time and delegates responsibilities to cover absences;
- Maintains a professional appearance.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above and below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience: Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university and at least two years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Skills: High. Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to read, comprehend and author professional-level business correspondence, E-mail and letters. Ability to speak and write clearly using grammatically correct English to all levels of the organization, as well as to outside business contacts, including up to the CEO level.
Math Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry. Possess or quickly learn the basics of media buying: reach, frequency, composition, CPMs and Internet analytics and metrics.
Must be familiar with Microsoft Office and other industry-related applications;
- Intermediate word processing skills, including mail merges;
- Industry-related software including CRM applications (e.g. ACT!) and Adobe;
- Microsoft Outlook, Word and Internet software skills;
- Microsoft Excel and other spreadsheet user skills.
Work Environment: Media, Advertising, Marketing, Publishing, Real Estate, Banking, Accounting, Legal…all very exciting, innovative areas to be working within, and which employment at The Warren Group provides. We nourish a team-environment, where ideas and willingness to “go the extra mile” are recognized. The Warren Group is an equal opportunity employer who supports a friendly, quiet workspace, free of harassment. We are located in the Fort Point Channel Innovation District of downtown Boston, close to South Station.