The Warren Group is seeking a dynamic media sales professional to join our Business Media Group. This is a unique opportunity to be part of a dynamic division of a well-established and highly respected company. You will work with clients and prospects on print and online advertising, sponsorships and events.
Ideal candidates will have a history of successful sales experience, preferably in media. Ability to sell digital media and events required, as is energy, talent, creativity and a commitment to put in the effort necessary to raise the bar and surpass managements and stakeholders expectations. Revenue goals are the critical element to success in this position, but no less so than the ability to hold intelligent, consultative and persuasive phone and face-to-face conversations with high-level executives. Solid sales-writing skills, strong organizational skills and the ability to meet numerous deadlines within a fast-paced environment are essential for success in our publishing and events division. For the last 144 years The Warren Group has provided essential intelligence to industries that include banking, finance, real estate, accounting, law and construction, and is an equal opportunity employer. Compensation is base plus commission with a first year potential of reaching targets of $80,000 with a base salary of $35,000.
Reports directly to the Publishing Group Sales Manager.
Summary: The Advertising Account Manager is responsible for selling media – print, Internet and Email – advertising space and event sponsorships and exhibits, and for establishing and managing relationships with advertisers and agencies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Primary duty is to promote, solicit and convince clients to enter into contracts to purchase The Warren Group goods and/or services;
- Prepares list of prospects from leads in other publications or Web sites and from old accounts;
- Obtains pertinent information concerning prospects' past and current advertising for use in sales presentation;
- Prepares or supervises preparation of sample layouts and copy with headings for print or banner ads;
- Contacts and visits prospects to point out advantages of own publications or Web site, and exhibits prepared samples;
- Confers with advertisers to determine timing of ad insertions and reinsertions or impressions;
- Presents and negotiates rates with client;
- Prepares and signs client contracts;
- Prepares or supervises preparation of ad layout for print or banner ads, and presents to client for approval;
- Notifies current and potential advertisers of opportunities of interest, such as a related topical article or issue of a publication;
- Enters new customer data and other sales data for current customers into computer database;
- Develops and maintains relationships with purchasing contacts;
- Investigates and resolves customer problems with insertions;
- Attends a minimum of six (6) offsite meetings with customers or industry professionals (May include trade shows, seminars or membership meetings.);
- Off-site travel required.
- Must have valid driver’s license
- Other duties as may be required or assigned.
- Two years of related sales experience or training;
- Must be adept at managing the sales process from cold call to closing;
- Must excel at selling intangibles such as ideas and concepts;
- Knowledge and understanding of marketing and business principles;
- Excellent written and conversational skills;
- Must inspire trust and credibility;
- Highly industrious and productive, with a superior work ethic;
- Proactive, assertive and resourceful and must perform work duties with a sense of urgency and focus.;
- Is creative and develops ideas, internally and with clients, to improve and promote The Warren Group and its clients;
- Quick learner with ability to customize solutions to meet a variety of client needs;
- Must be highly organized in order to manage multiple products, clients and deadlines;
- Performs job duties and responsibilities optimally;
- Works well in a team environment and inter-departmentally;
- Treats others with respect;
- Seeks increased responsibilities and volunteers readily;
- Represents the company positively and professionally, both internally and externally;
- Shows good judgment;
- Is creative and develops ideas, internally and with clients, to improve and promote TWG and its clients;
- Able to deal with multiple products, clients and deadlines;
- Performs well under pressure;
- Meets challenges with resourcefulness;
- Consistently at work and on time and delegates responsibilities to cover absences;
- Maintains a professional appearance.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above and below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience: Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university and at least two years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Skills: High. Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to read, comprehend and author professional-level business correspondence, E-mail and letters. Ability to speak and write clearly using grammatically correct English to all levels of the organization, as well as to outside business contacts, including up to the CEO level.
Math Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry. Possess or quickly learn the basics of media buying: reach, frequency, composition, CPMs and Internet analytics and metrics.
Must be familiar with Microsoft Office and other industry-related applications;
- Intermediate word processing skills, including mail merges;
- Industry-related software including CRM applications (e.g. ACT!) and Adobe;
- Microsoft Outlook, Word and Internet software skills;
- Microsoft Excel and other spreadsheet user skills.
Work Environment: Media, Advertising, Marketing, Publishing, Real Estate, Banking, Accounting, Legal…all very exciting, innovative areas to be working within, and which employment at The Warren Group provides. We nourish a team-environment, where ideas and willingness to “go the extra mile” are recognized. The Warren Group is an equal opportunity employer who supports a friendly, quiet workspace, free of harassment. We are located in the Fort Point Channel Innovation District of downtown Boston, close to South Station.