Join the winning team at First Business Bank-Milwaukee as a Commercial Lender-Business Development Officer
First Business is a locally managed, publicly traded Wisconsin-based financial services company that specializes in focused financial solutions for businesses, key executives, and high net worth individuals through its operating companies. Our growth-oriented and entrepreneurial companies specialize in commercial banking, asset-based lending, equipment financing, retirement plans, investment management, and trustee services. We provide specifically tailored solutions to meet our clients’ financial goals.
First Business is a growing company with opportunities that are vital to the operations and success of the company. We see our growth strategy as an opportunity to not only increase our market presence, but also to add top talent to our team of professionals.
The Commercial Lender-Business Development Officer is responsible for providing effective and quality service to prospective and current business banking clients, generating new commercial loan relationships through prospecting and business development activities, actively promoting the sale of all First Business products through cross-selling, and taking an active role in the community through service and professional associations. The ideal candidate would have experience in Commercial Real Estate lending, a strong credit background, demonstrated success in business development, and an established network and knowledge of the market. Years of experience will determine title and salary.
Specifically, as a Commercial Lender-Business Development Officer you will:
• Develop and maintain a commercial loan portfolio that actively promotes and maximizes the goals of the bank
• Create and initiate a program to actively call on prospective businesses to develop new in-market commercial loan relationships, striving to meet and exceed established goals
• Maintain existing client relationships by providing a high level of customer service, and making suggestions for improvements to current products and services
• Underwrite new business, and prepare and present credit presentations to Loan Committee
• Work closely with the commercial lending and treasury management team, as well as other First Business entities, to cross-sell products and services to existing, and prospective clients
• Contribute to the improvement of the department and organization by staying current on existing industry trends and participating in efficiency initiatives
• Become an active member of the community by attending networking events and developing relationships with centers of influence
• Participate in the community through volunteerism, leadership, and involvement with civic and non-profit organizations.
The successful candidate should have:
• Bachelor’s degree in a business related field
• 10+ years of in-market commercial lending experience
• Background in C&I lending and Treasury Management strongly preferred
• Demonstrated success generating new business relationships, specifically in commercial lending, and proven track record growing and managing a commercial loan portfolio
• Strong knowledge of commercial loan underwriting, lending, and credit practices
• Clear and concise communication skills to present product and service offerings to prospects and current clients
• Strong personal drive and initiative, demonstrated work ethic, and ability to work as a team
• Proficiency with technology, business computer applications, and office equipment
• Ability to work independently and use independent, professional judgment
• Regular travel required to visit prospects and current clients, as well as attend meetings and events in the area
Title and salary will be commensurate with experience.