Join the winning team at First Business Bank-Northeast as a Portfolio Manager
First Business is a locally managed, publicly traded Wisconsin-based financial services company that specializes in focused financial solutions for businesses, key executives, and high net worth individuals through its operating companies. Our growth-oriented and entrepreneurial companies specialize in commercial banking, asset-based lending, equipment financing, retirement plans, investment management, and trustee services. We provide specifically tailored solutions to meet our clients’ financial goals.
First Business is a growing company with opportunities that are vital to the operations and success of the company. We see our growth strategy as an opportunity to not only increase our market presence, but also to add top talent to our team of professionals.
The Portfolio manager will provide effective and quality service to clients, focusing on relationship management and client retention
Specifically, as a Portfolio Manager you will:
• Appropriately manage a designated portfolio of clients.
• Underwrite deals by analyzing financial statements and spreads.
• Prepare and present credit presentations for Loan Committee.
• Check the accuracy of documents and cross reference the approved write up to ensure adherence with loan policy guidelines.
• Close loans ensuring all appropriate loan documents are collected and ensure clients understands loan documentation.
• Make ongoing visits to clients to analyze the management of the business for potential credit risk.
• Monitor loan performance, loan agreements, financial statements and collateral to ensure the quality of the loan.
• Assist the loan department and client relationship specialists with client contact as needed in order to maintain loan files and meet all compliance and regulatory requirements.
• Collect past due payments as necessary to prevent charge-offs and losses to the Bank.
• Participate in community and professional activities to enhance market presence.
The successful candidate should have:
• Bachelor’s degree in a business related field
• 10 years of commercial banking and credit experience, which should include 5-7 years of commercial portfolio management experience and 3-5 years of credit analysis and/or underwriting experience
• Knowledge and understanding of current regulations and compliance laws with regard to lending as well as all bank products
• Strong personal drive and initiative, demonstrated work ethic, and ability to work as a team
• Proficiency with technology, business computer applications, and office equipment
• Ability to work independently and use independent, professional judgment
• Regular travel required to visit clients, as well as attend meetings and events in the area
Title and salary will be commensurate with experience.