• 3 to 5 years of experience in the ‘Network and Systems’ Operations or Engineering field or related technical area.
• Possess the ability and demonstrated experience to proactively monitor and manage Networks and Systems for faults and performance exceptions. Be able to properly manage capacity and make recommendations for upgrades.
• A working knowledge with Wide Area Network services from public carriers and experience or skills to troubleshoot network connections consisting of DSL, T1s, MPLS, MOE, and Frame Relay services.
• Experienced in standard concepts, practices, and procedures relating to internal IP networks, using WAN and LAN technology. Includes a solid working knowledge of IP networking and the basic services running on IP networks such as DNS, DHCP and IP subnetting and QOS.
• Experience configuring and troubleshooting Cisco routers, switches and VPN firewalls.
• Experience working with dedicated Public Internet services.
• Possess working knowledge of Public Internet Domain Name registration and the functions provided by Public DNS.
• Experience or familiarity with IP Telephony systems.
• Hands on experience with Microsoft server operating systems and the administration of services and applications running on them.
• Experience with Microsoft Active Directory network environments and their security.
• Experience with file/data backup services and administering database backup maintenance plans.
• Experience with Microsoft Exchange messaging systems, services and their operation on public networks.
• Experience with Storage Area Network technologies and their operation in a data center.
• Must have Strong verbal and written communication skills along with a good time management discipline.
• Must have experience documenting processes and the ability to train team members and other mindSHIFT groups on the processes and technologies.
• Must be self-motivated and able to work independently while also coordinating project work and support functions with other team members.
• Must have good problem resolution skills and the motivation to resolve problems with internal tools or seek and use alternative technical resources.
· 2 or 4 year degree in Information Systems technology, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or equivalent work experience.
· Prefer Microsoft MCSE/MCITP certification or work in progress on it.
· Cisco CCNA, CCNA Voice, CCNP certifications or work in progress is also a plus.