The successful candidate is a passionate self-starter, has a proven stellar academic track record, cares deeply about details and deadlines, and loves to work with people and be on-the-spot creative. Specific skills required include:
· Microsoft PowerPoint – Moderate to Advance Skill Level – for creating and revising presentations
· Microsoft Excel – basic skill level – for managing forms, lists, and data
· Microsoft Word – for writing, editing of documents and proposals
· Adobe Photoshop – Moderate Skill Level – for editing and producing designs to be used in internal marketing materials
YOUR APPTITUDE AND EXPERIENCE, AND WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING WITH US
DESIGN: You have a natural eye for design – you know what looks cool, and you know how to make those things come to life using some design programs on your desktop. You will help design presentations according to brand standards.
WRITING: You enjoy writing and you can do so persuasively. You will help write persuasive proposals and other business materials designed to communicate energy, creative, and excitement.
EVENTS: You can pull together a party of friends, peers, and others, and make it feel like it was no work at all. You will be organizing live events at hotels, corporate offices, and other venues for senior executives, including coordination of hotel reservations, organizing cocktail receptions, and organizing event equipment, set-up, speaker/guest coordination, sending invitations, and marketing to gain exposure and attendance
CONTENT MANAGEMENT: You’re a finder and an organizer of stuff. When you get content from people or from your favorite blog posting online, you know how to catalog it for fast retrieval and keep it fresh. You will be gathering, cataloging, and purposing content – including case studies, proposals, presentations, articles, etc., - from around the organization, and applying the content to specific venues – website, events, PR, newsletters, twitter, etc.
SOCIAL: You love social and you see how it can be used for business. You find great tweets in your office-hallway conversations and you know how to make them interesting in 120 characters or less. You will be posting content to Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc., to generate awareness and marketplace experience
MOBILE: You love mobile, especially all the features on a Smartphone – apps that use location based information, and more. You will be managing the creation and revisions of a corporate mobile iPhone and Android App (working with our project managers and engineers), and corporate mobile website, and other mobile experiences to showcase our experience
CORPORATE MARKETING: You can take all of the above things, look at the marketing plan, and apply these experiences and content to the marketing plan. You will be organizing online events (webinars), coordinating divisional PR with internal PR team, updating the marketing plan, and reporting on results.
PIPELINE MANAGEMENT: You will organize the business development meetings and sales report for the weekly Revenue meetings, take notes, and keep the business development and client services teams aware of the marketing activities coming up.
• Proactive and aggressive individual with strong interpersonal skills and creative problem solving abilities.
• Independent, self-starter who can balance the need for making quarterly targets as well as building long term strategic relationships.
• Ability to pragmatically and elegantly manage multiple pursuits simultaneously.
• Personable, likeable with a sense of humor
• Must have an attention to detail and can focus on the little things that can make or break a great opportunity.
• You’re curious about everything – how things work, where ideas come from, and how to make things more efficient – and you pursue your curiosity for knowledge.
• Must be intuitive and can anticipate prospective client’s needs and the competitive agency responses.
Background & Skills:
· 1+ years marketing experience and familiarity with the mobile marketing landscape.
· 1+ years experience with an advertising or marketing agency
· Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or communications is required.