“FIRST BUSINESS – Your Success Comes First”
Join the winning team as a Collateral Analyst!
First Business is a locally managed, Wisconsin-based, successful, entrepreneurial, and growth-oriented financial services company that specializes in focused financial solutions for businesses, key executives, and high net worth individuals through its operating companies. Our companies specialize in commercial banking, asset-based lending, equipment financing, retirement plans, investment management, and trustee services. We provide specifically tailored solutions to meet our clients’ financial goals.
As a Collateral Analyst, you will be part of our asset based lending company, First Business Capital Corp. (FBCC). FBCC is a leading source of asset-based lending for small- to middle-market companies with credit requirements of $1,000,000 to over $7,000,000. They provide revolving lines of credit and term loans for financial and strategic acquisitions, capital expenditures, financing rapid growth, bank debt refinancing, debt restructuring, turnaround situations, debtor-in possession, and confirmation financing.
The Collateral Analyst provides ongoing quality customer service to clients of FBCC by daily review and processing of their collateral reports, incoming collections, and advance requests. This position performs daily reconciliation of FBCC's loan portfolio and promptly assists clients with problems and questions regarding their cash management services.
Specifically, as a Collateral Analyst you’ll:
- Review, process, and verify collateral reports submitted by clients. Monitor client loan activity and arrange for funds transfer when required. Arrange for transfer of collections from various sources to the client loan balance
- Reconcile monthly accounts receivable agings and inventory reporting. Review and calculate ineligibles based upon a pre-determined schedule
- Verify and process client's incoming cash receipts via lockbox accounts and cash collateral accounts.
- Responsible for the preparation of the FBCC daily general ledger entries report and further reconciliation to FBB financial records
- Assist with month-end processing and reconciliation of monthly interest billings and reports.
- Monitor and maintain quality of portfolio by alerting management of any discovered irregularities or suspected problems
The successful candidate should have:
- Prior experience in a Banking, Accounting and/or Finance position, preferred
- Post-secondary degree not required, but would be a plus
- Strong knowledge of technology (specifically MS Excel), business computer applications, and ability to pick up on new systems quickly
- Ability to work independently and use independent judgment with minimal supervision
- Above average communication and customer service skills
- Strong attention to detail, problem solving skills, and ability to prioritize work and handle the pressure to meet numerous levels of deadlines
This position is available to start immediately.