NEFCU (formerly Nassau Educators Federal Credit Union) is one of Long Island's leading not-for-profit and full-service financial institutions that proudly offers its affordable banking services to all Long Islanders. With over $1.5 billion in assets and nearly 150,000 members, NEFCU is headquartered in Westbury, NY and has branches throughout Long Island. We offer competitive salaries and comprehensive training programs to our staff.
For the benefit of the Credit Union and its members, the Senior Auditor maintains an independent and objective internal review and appraisal of accounting, financial, and operational activities in accordance with professional standards. He/she must analyze facts and figures and have a working knowledge of information technologies used by the Credit Union in order to make recommendations that are consistent with policies, procedures, and applicable regulations. Responsibilities include:
- Reviewing and appraising the soundness, adequacy, and effectiveness of accounting, financial, and other controls throughout the Credit Union
- Performing complex audits of Credit Union operations
- Conducting detailed investigations of possible improprieties on the part of Credit Union employees
This individual must be professional and confidential in demeanor and possess the ability to interact with all levels of management and fellow team members. The position requires strict confidence in audit matters.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline
- Minimum of three years of experience in auditing, preferably with a financial institution
- Computer literate; proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Strong analytical, written/verbal communication, interpersonal, and relationship-building skills
NEFCU is one of Long Island's leading not-for-profit and full-service financial institutions that proudly offers its affordable banking services to all Long Islanders. With over $2 billion in assets and nearly 150,000 members, NEFCU is headquartered in Westbury, NY and has branches and a shared branch network throughout Nassau and Suffolk Counties. Our full time employee package includes competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package. We also offer training and professional development programs to the entire staff.