Join the winning team at First Business as an IT Help Desk Intern!
First Business is a locally managed successful, entrepreneurial, and growth-oriented financial services company that specializes in focused financial solutions for businesses, key executives, and high net worth individuals through its operating companies. Our companies specialize in commercial banking, asset-based lending, equipment financing, retirement plans, investment management, and trustee services. We provide specifically tailored solutions to meet our clients’ financial goals.
As an intern with First Business you will gain valuable work experience in a professional environment, leveraging your prior experience, education, and involvement. Our interns play an essential role in the departments they are part of, working on important responsibilities, special projects, and networking with our teams.
The IT Intern position is responsible for enabling productivity and efficiency across the organization by providing timely, first level technical support services to all First Business employees.
Specifically, the IT Help Desk Intern will:
- Provide first level Help Desk support to employees for applications, equipment, and voice and data systems.
- Interact with hardware and software vendors on an ongoing basis for repair and problem resolution.
- Author appropriate documentation and procedures relating to equipment operations, software changes, maintenance and problems encountered, with periodic review to insure they are current.
- Assist with system backup administration.
- Assist with major system upgrades as needed.
- Evaluate current methods of software and hardware use, recommend improvements and efficiencies.
- Undertake other projects and duties as assigned.
The successful candidate must:
- Be a student in an IT Help Desk or Networking field of study, or related IT or Computer Science program
- Have the ability to assess needs and/or problems of users to correct or recommend viable solutions, using knowledge of systems and equipment
- Have effective interpersonal skills to communicate with organization staff and department managers to accomplish goals for productivity and organization wide quality of service
- Have the ability to work independently with little supervision
- Lifting and moving equipment is required
- Occasional travel to other company locations may be needed
Important Information – Internship Length, Hours, & Schedule: This is a longer term internship, with the ideal candidate being part of our team from now until they graduate. We are looking for an individual to work approximately 20-24 hours per week, preferably mornings. Flexibility of working hours during the semester will be available.