Matheson Flight Extenders is looking for Part-Time Material Handlers.
Material Handlers who are committed to providing quality service in the most effective and efficient manner are invited to come grow with us!
Are you tired of being a “number” and ready to join a company that recognizes you as an individual? Do you want to be a part of a team of highly skilled professionals? Are you looking to be a part of a company that appreciates and values your performance?
If you answered ‘YES’ and meet the following requirements, then we want to talk to you! We encourage you to join a company that values individuality, appreciates the qualities of a valuable employee and provides training opportunities for the purpose of offering achievable advancement.
Matheson Flight Extenders specializes in terminal handling and ground support services for the United States Postal Service (USPS) and other commercial carriers. Today we serve 16 cities across the United States.
Material Handlers are responsible for reading work orders and following oral instructions to ascertain materials or containers to be moved. Loads and unloads materials onto or from pallets, trays, racks, by hand.
- Material Handlers must ensure timeliness; packaging, routing, and systems work is completed accurately and timely
- Conveys materials from storage or work sites to designated area. Counts, weighs, and records number of units of materials moved or handled on daily production sheet.
- Ensure safe work environment
- Participates in stand up activities
- Completes tasks by following pre-established procedures
- Follows detailed and defined instructions
- Applies basic skills and may develop advanced skills using tools and equipment appropriate for the position
- Must be flexible in "timely" transactions when moved to different work areas throughout the day
- Resolves task-related problems in straightforward situations
- Must be able to adhere to productivity goals
Scope and Accountability: Completes routine, repetitive, and/or standardized tasks; emphasis is typically on manual skills. Applies basic skills and may develop advanced skills using tools and equipment appropriate for the positions.
Qualifications: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Compensation: Hourly rate is determined by the USPS Wage Determination
Matheson Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.