Position: Director of Security
Reports to: Department President
Job Location: PC Mall corporate headquarters – 1940 E. Mariposa Ave., El Segundo, CA 90245
- Direct, manage, oversee, and monitor all Security operations.
a. Direct and oversee Guard staffing, utilization and daily activities.
b. Director, oversee, and have working knowledge of Security Systems (Burglar and Fire alarm systems, Access Control and CCTV systems.
c. Ability to initiate, conduct and supervise all investigations, covert operations and surveillance activities as required.
d. Develop, direct, supervise, approved Loss Prevention activities.
e. Develop, direct and coordinate in Asset Protection activities.
f. Insure that all Post orders and Company Security and Inspection policies are enforced.
g. Work in concert with Human Recourses to provide investigative support.
h. Direct, manage, and oversee CCTV surveillance and alarm systems deployment.
i. Ability to direct and oversee Security operations at several locations in both the Distribution Center, supply chain and retail store environment.
j. Perform other Security duties as assigned
- Must have High School diploma; two or more years of College preferred.
- Should have five (5) years of criminal justice experience.
- Should have three (3) years of criminal investigative experience, five (5) years preferred. (This can run concurrent with criminal justice experience)
- Must have a working knowledge of modern criminal procedures, the judicial process and Federal, State and Local laws.
- Should have two (2) year of Security management experience in a Distribution Center setting and have a working knowledge of general warehouse equipment.
- A plus, American Society for Industrial Security (ASIS) – CCP certification.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in person and written to convey information and ideas.
- Ability to use logic, common sense and deductive reasoning to identify and solve problems.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment background and drug screen test.
- Must be computer literate and have working knowledge of email systems, warehouse management systems (WMS), and the Microsoft Office suit.
1. Must be in good physical condition and have the ability to work at least eight (8) hours a day five (5) day per week and be able to be on call nights and weekends.
2. Position requires tolerance of seasonal hot and cold temperatures as it relates to a Distribution Center environment.
3. Must be able to travel as needed.
1. Must be detail oriented and able to work quickly, accurately, and independently interface with all other warehouse departments and personnel as required.
2. Be aware of other’s action and understand why they react to situations as they do.
3. Must have the ability to apply policies, procedures, rules and regulations to general problems to produce the correct course of action.
4. Must be able to work under a time deadline.
5. Ability to be reactionary, to adjust your actions to the situation and not to over react.