“FIRST BUSINESS – Your Success Comes First!”
Join the winning team at First Business as a Deposit Operations Manager!
First Business is a locally managed, Wisconsin-based, successful, entrepreneurial, and growth-oriented financial services company that specializes in focused financial solutions for businesses, key executives, and high net worth individuals through its operating companies. Our companies specialize in commercial banking, asset-based lending, equipment financing, retirement plans, investment management, and trustee services. We provide specifically tailored solutions to meet our clients’ financial goals.
First Business is a growing company with opportunities that are vital to the operations and success of the company. We see our growth strategy as an opportunity to not only increase our market presence, but also to add top talent to our team of professionals.
The Deposit Operations Manager is responsible for the overall management of the Client Support and Client Services departments, including overseeing all employees within the departments, managing and implementing products and procedures for bank operations and other First business entities, and working with vendors to build and maintain professional relationships.
Specifically, as a Deposit Operations Manager you will:
Directly supervise the operations of the Client Support and Client Service departments, through managing performance and providing day to day leadership. Determine proper staffing levels and complete employee performance evaluations, and recommend salary increases. Interview, hire, discipline and terminate staff as necessary.
Implement new products and procedures for bank operations and other First Business entities. Determine ways to be more efficient in operational processes. Suggest and implement new deposit functionality and products; report design; bank control set up; application conversions and administrator functions. Determine best practices for other products and services offered by First Business entities to include fraud detection.
Work with vendors to determine appropriate products. Maintain a professional working relationship with vendors, including the core processor and correspondent banks.
The successful candidate should have:
- A minimum of 5-7 years of progressive management experience, overseeing a growing team of three or more individuals
- Strong background in deposit operations and services, preferably in a commercial banking and/or financial services operations environment
- Bachelor’s degree in a business related field
- Demonstrated success in managing a team and ability to provide a positive environment by which to motivate and coach individuals with varying backgrounds and styles
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills; including strong listening skills
- Proven abilities and effectiveness in problem resolution and time management
- Willingness to assume challenging and special projects
- Strong proficiency with technology and operations systems, and willingness to embrace new technology products and services