Join the winning team at First Business as a Part-Time Receptionist!
First Business is a Wisconsin-based successful, entrepreneurial, and growth-oriented financial services company that specializes in focused financial solutions for businesses, key executives, and high net worth individuals through its operating companies. Our companies specialize in commercial banking, asset-based lending, equipment financing, retirement plans, investment management, and trustee services. We provide specifically tailored solutions to meet our clients’ financial goals.
We are a growing company with opportunities that are vital to the operations and success of the company. We see our growth strategy as an opportunity to not only increase our market presence, but also to add top talent to our team of professionals.
The Receptionist represents the company in a professional manner by greeting, welcoming and directing visitors; answering telephone calls with courtesy and consideration; handles incoming and outgoing mail and deliveries; performs general office duties and provides administrative support to staff.
We are looking for someone to work 12:30pm-5:15pm, Monday through Friday. The positions are able to start immediately.
Specifically, as a Receptionist you will:
- Answer telephone calls coming in on the main line promptly and courteously, transferring the caller to the appropriate individual or department, and/or assisting them as needed.
- Greet visitors in a friendly and professional manner, determine their needs, and assist them accordingly.
- Receive and sort incoming mail, express envelopes and courier deliveries, and distribute mail to the appropriate employees and departments. Also prepare outgoing mail and packages.
- Manage and maintain the corporate calendar, updating as necessary throughout the year.
- Serve as a backup to the client service representatives, and provide coverage to the Client Services area as needed, including: processing all non-cash transactions and deposits (both in-person and by mail), enter cash transactions in the Teller system for proper reporting, complete deposit account and credit verifications; review and edit credit card requests, and process check and deposit ticket reorders.
- Work in coordination with the deposit operations staff to assist with lockbox processing.
- Monitor supply inventories, restock as appropriate, and prepare orders accordingly.
- Perform routine clerical functions and special projects as requested.
- One or more years of prior experience in an administrative assistant or receptionist role, preferably in a professional industry such as financial services, law, etc.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, with additional related-education preferred
- High level of professionalism
- Well-developed customer service skills and telephone etiquette, with ability to operate a switchboard telephone system
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, that can be demonstrated with internal and external clients
- Proficient with technology, including Microsoft Office and general office equipment, and ability to pick up on new technologies quickly
- Strong personal drive and initiative, demonstrated work ethic, and ability to work as a team
- Ability to travel occasional for offsite meetings or seminars, that may occur before or after the normal work schedule