***Immediate Interviews*** Bike Safety Patrol Officers Needed
Apply online: https://www.appone.com/MainInfoReq.asp?R_ID=632573
Universal Protection Service seeks to hire EXCEPTIONAL Bike Safety Officers! If you have a strong interest in assisting and working with law enforcement—YOU should consider this opportunity!
Universal Protection Service seeks dynamic, passionate applicants who love working with people! The ideal candidate is excellent with customers and has an impressive ability to communicate. This is a great opportunity to join Universal Protection Service, a dynamic, high-powered security team focused on securing client properties while delivering excellent customer service.
If you are a dynamic individual with a passion for service excellence and would like to be an integral part of our success, please consider joining our team. We have various Bike Patrol Units in the Hollywood, Pasadena, Downtown and South Los Angeles area! This is a great position for those interested in the Law Enforcement. Our clients, Business Improvement Districts (BID,) are private non-profit organizations that serves the property owners of Downtown in order to keep the streets clean and safe for visitors, residents and tourists.
Primary Job Duties:
Patrol assigned routes, including “high risk" areas in Downtown Los Angeles and assisting local law enforcement officers, fire fighters, governmental officials, military and sheriff’s departments working in the downtown area. The Bike-Patrol position requires that you be able to patrol via bike for the entire shift. You and your partner will assist each other and you must be able to use a two-way radio, pepper spray, baton and handcuffs. You must be flexible to work a rotating shift every 90 days.
• Establish and maintain quality relationships with local merchants, vendors, pedestrians, transient population, and fellow employees, under potentially stressful conditions.
• Follow directions, make decisions, and solve problems with a strong desire to continually learn and improve.
• Work to deter streets and alley activity including suspicious criminal activity, and loitering.
PHYSICAL/MENTAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT for Public Safety officers/ Bike Patrol:
- Must possess the physical ability to ride a bicycle for your entire shift
- Must be able to handle the occasional reports of fatalities and respond timely and accurately in emergency situations.
- Must be willing to work with the homeless, local police, fire departments and local ambulatory agencies.
- Must have or be able to receive training in the use of a baton, pepper spray, and handcuffs.
- Must be comfortable working with a partner and using a two-way radio.
- Stand or walk constantly (for up to an entire shift) on various surfaces (tile, concrete, carpet)
- Climb stairs, ramps, or ladders occasionally during shift
- Occasionally bend/twist at waist/knees/neck to perform various duties
- Occasionally lift or carry up to 40 pounds
- Run as needed
- Constant use of both hands and arms in reaching/handling/grasping/fingering while using phone, notepad, writing reports, and other administrative tasks
- Constant use of eyes (correctable vision to normal level required) to observe, read, interact with public and co-workers, view security monitors; includes hand/eye coordination
- Read, understand and clearly speak English; constantly use speech and hearing (correctable to normal level required) in communicating with public/co-workers, giving and receiving instructions, using phones
- Work in various environments including adverse outdoor conditions such as cold, rain or heat;
- Constant mental alertness and attention to detail required while setting priorities and following up on assignments
- Must possess effective written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with ability to deal with all levels of personnel and the general public in a professional and effective manner; must be able to use initiative and independent judgment within established guidelines
- Must be able to frequently prepare written reports and logs in neat, legible handwriting; may required computer skills
- Must be able to read and understand all operating procedures and instruction;
- Must be able to handle pressure of working with high volume general public (constantly to occasionally depending on assignment)
Universal Protection Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.
Online applications now being accepted.