Start your security career today as a Transit Security Officer for the San Diego Trolley System.
Transit Security Officers have gone on to become Border Patrol agents, ICE agents, Customs officials, and law enforcement. This career path is especially good for our returning military veterans. Thank you for your service!!
The successful Transit Officer candidate is responsible for providing security services at assigned locations throughout the San Diego Trolley System route. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Excellent, proactive Customer Service;
- The ability to repeat the same information to customers throughout the day, e.g. directing customers to ticket booths, kiosks, restrooms, etc.;
- The ability to stand post for 10 hours per day for 4 days consecutively;
- The ability to verbally resolve situations before they escalate;
- The ability to perform physical duties, including but not limited to, standing, bending, stooping, walking, running, etc.;
- The ability to work within both a team setting and independently;
- The ability to work mandatory overtime as required, including weekends and holidays;
- Other duties as assigned.
Requirements for this position include the following:
• Clean, neat, professional appearance
• Good communication skills, both verbal and written
• High School Diploma or GED
• Must be able to provide evidence to work in the US
• Clean criminal background
• Must be available to work any day, any shift, including grave shifts and weekends
• Mandatory overtime as required
• Reside in a city in which the San Diego Trolley route runs
No previous guard experience required. On-the-job training provided. We can assist you in getting your guard card!