WHY MANS LUMBER & HOME?
Where you work is important, therefore we do not want you to just like where you work but rather, we want you to love where you work. We could tell you why you will love working at Mans, we could list out our accolades and a whole bunch of employee satisfaction statistics, but everyone does that, right?
Here is the deal - at Mans Lumber and Home, we care. Not just about whether you show up for work every day, but we care about you as an employee and a person. As a family owned and operated company, we appreciate and care for our employees, partners, and customers: these individuals are the ones that make Mans the company that it is and has been for 120+ years. When you succeed – we succeed.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As a Dispatch and Shipping Liaison, you will be responsible for working with the dispatch team, explaining the issues, ensuring they understand what needs to be done, and communicating our course of action to the customer based on the dispatch manager’s decision.
THE NITTY GRITTY
The people things:
- You are friendly and professional, responding quickly to customer and vendor needs.
- Communicate with peers, customers, and vendors respectfully, honestly, and openly.
The Dispatch Administration things:
- The ability to respond to any dispatch communication or follow up to a phone call question within 15 minutes giving a detailed explanation of the issue and resolution.
- Enter correction orders for orders that need to be reworked.
- Input any errors into Bistrack for error reporting.
- Recording, tracking, and documenting all issues/case numbers.
The Pre-Delivery and Pre-Receipt things:
- Communicate with customers the day before their delivery is expected to arrive.
- Manage responses from pre-delivery attempts and adjust based on the feedback that is received.
- Assess vendor orders that are due to be shipped:
- Reach out to vendors for accurate shipping dates.
- Adjust ETA dates accordingly.
- Keep clean purchase orders.
- Communicate with the appropriate salesperson and/or customer regarding orders that have not been picked up after 30 days.
WHAT YOU NEED
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional computer proficiency including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Microsoft TEAMS.
- Relevant Bistrack experience.
- A strong steward of Mans culture and core values.
- Comfortable working under pressure and meeting strict deadlines while always maintaining a positive and professional attitude.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and carry out assignments through to completion.
This job operates in a professional office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines (well, not really fax machines).
This is somewhat of a sedentary role; however, some daily active movement is required. This role also requires the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand, as necessary.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday 7:00am to 4:00pm with schedule flexibility.
PERKS OF THE JOB
World-class benefits consisting of Blue Cross Blue Shield medical and dental coverage, vision insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, 401(k) with generous match of 4%, life insurance, pet insurance, legal assistance, identity theft protection, charitable and community service initiatives, progressive paid time-off policy, paid holidays, and annual profit-sharing eligibility. We also have pretty good coffee.
OTHER STUFF OUR LAWYER SUGGESTED WE ADD
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The Company is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.