The Management Trust
Position Title: Junior Community Association Manager
Location: Santa Maria,CA
Reporting To: Executive Community Association Manager
Status: Non-Exempt, Full-Time
Salary: $22.00 - $25.00/hour
The Management Trust is a community association management company. We believe that building and maintaining a community takes more than just hammers and nails. It takes integrity, trust, experience, and support. Our success is based on the belief that effective management anticipates our clients' needs, not merely reacts to them. We are a company of creative and committed individuals driven by grand aspirations and are proud to be the only 100% employee-owned community management firm in the nation. Our Employee Owners are encouraged to actively participate in growing our business by helping define best practices every day. It is in this spirit that we encourage you to explore this opportunity to join The Management Trust team.
EMPLOYEE OWNER POSITION PURPOSE:
The Junior Community Association Manager (CAM) is responsible for the management and support of community associations (primarily HOAs), including, but not limited to: daily operations, regular interaction with and support of Board of Directors members/homeowners/vendors, meeting attendance, budget preparation, and overall community business management.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Carry out the policies and directives adopted by the Board.
- Manage a small portfolio of assigned communities that may include single family, townhomes, condominiums, or commercial industrial complexes
- Maintain current knowledge of governing documents, applicable state statutes, and local ordinances that apply to each assigned community
- Responsible for oversight of the physical property
- Work with support team to compile information and paperwork for Board meeting packets, including Managers Report, agenda, previous meeting minutes, executive session items, architectural items, and violation/work order reports.
- Work with support team to compile information for annual meetings, including signature cards, ballots, and candidate statements in accordance with state guidelines and governing documents
- Work with support team to execute post-annual meeting checklist and ensure banking and state information is updated accordingly
- Attend Board and committee meetings as needed and required
- With support team follow up on Board meetings with preparation of minutes, to-do lists, correspondence, calls to homeowners and vendors, issuing work orders and violations
- Assist in preparation of annual budget.
- Review and code invoices for payment, monitor cash and reserve accounts for cash flow planning for major improvements, issue check requests for reimbursement/other expenses, review budget and financial reports for reclassification of expenses and/or areas of concerns, and work with accounting staff to address Board questions and concerns.
- High School Diploma (or equivalent); Associate's Degree preferred
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and ownership mentality; we believe each employee can build his/her own future
- Strong ability to problem solve and utilize resources to bring solutions to client challenges
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to delegate to internal support team members
- Ability to provide conflict resolution to personality challenges that may arise with Board members or homeowners in a calm manner
- Company driver with clean driving record
SPECIAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
- Must have and maintain a valid driver's license, vehicle insurance, and driving record in compliance with Company policy (including reliable transportation to conduct site visits)
- Use standard office equipment, including: computer, phone, copier/scanner, etc.
- Be stationary for periods of time
- Relocate up to (25) pounds
- Travel to and from offsite locations
SUPERVISES OTHERS? IF SO, LIST:
SCHEDULE & TRAVEL:
- Monday-Friday from approx. 8:00 am-5:00 pm
- This position may require occasional long hours to meet business needs
The Management Trust is an Equal Opportunity employer. We celebrate and support diversity.
TMT reserves the right to modify this job description at any time based on business need.