Apply for a great career opportunity at Right At Home and Improve the quality of life for a senior or disabled adult in your community.
How do you know if you are "Cut Out to be a Caregiver" ?
Training, Education and Experience are important, however some basic traits make all the difference in whether or not a career as a caregiver is the right fit:
- Light hearted – Can you tell you a joke or a relay a funny story to brighten a client's day?
- Happy – Successful caregivers are able to unwind and relax after a stressful day and arrive with a smile on their face and song in their heart with each new day.
- Open-minded – Caregivers are good listeners and strive to meet the needs of vulnerable aging and disabled clients with a helping, 'friendly' demeanor. Are open to new ideas, requests as long as they're not harmful to the client's health.
- Healing – Are you capable of seeking ways to make an ailing client feel better? A good caregiver will research ailments and make themselves better informed to offer effective supportive care.
- Flexibility - Can you adapt to the dynamic role of caregiver?
Provides various personal care and related paraprofessional services in accordance with an established plan of care. Provides for the personal needs and comfort of patients in their homes.
Shifts are 1- 3 days
- Performs personal care activities that assist the patient with activities of daily living which include (but are not limited to):
- Personal hygiene (assisting to bathroom or in using bedpan, bathing, care of mouth, skin and hair)
- Continence care and toileting
- Transfers and positioning
- Prepares meals and snacks according to instructions.
- Performs patient-specific activities.
- Performs homemaking activities which include (but are not limited to):vacuuming, dusting, sweeping or mopping floors, doing dishes, changing bed linens, doing laundry and cleaning bathrooms
- Flexible work schedules
- Care Rewards - recognition arm of CERT ProgramSM
- Right At Home University-educational arm of educational arm of CERT ProgramSM
Successful applicants will be invited to the Rancho Bernardo Office for a final interview and orientation.