WHY MANS LUMBER & HOME?
At Dillman & Upton, a Mans Family Company, we believe that a great employee experience is a prerequisite to a great customer experience!
Where you work is important, therefore we do not want you to just like where you work but rather, we want you to love where you work. We could tell you why you will love working at Mans, we could list out our accolades and a whole bunch of employee satisfaction statistics, but everyone does that, right?
Here is the deal - at Mans Lumber and Home, we care. Not just about whether you show up for work every day, but we care about you as an employee and person. As a family owned and operated company, we appreciate and care for our employees, partners, and customers: these individuals are the ones that make Mans the company that it is and has been for 120+ years. When you succeed – we succeed.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As our Design Assistant – Kitchen & Bath you have a passion for being creative and enjoy working with our wonderful Kitchen and Bath Design / Sales team as well as our wonderful customers – how much better does it get? Following the Mans sales process, you will put your advanced computer-aided drafting skills to use while utilizing 20/20 Design Software, in addition to using your immense knowledge of product categories such as: cabinets, countertops, flooring, lighting, sinks, faucets, etc. You will be in continuous communication with and closely work with our Designers through all processes.
THE NITTY GRITTY
- Work closely with and continually communicate to our designers and leads
- Answer phone calls coming into the showroom
- Greet clients to the design center, assess’ clients' needs, and assist the customer with product selection
- Utilize 20/20 Design Software to create exciting project drawings
- Create and review sign off package in detail with Designer
- Create PowerPoint presentation for the client
- Specify appropriate materials and quantities for the projects
- Conduct bid and prep proposal functions
- Order showroom tools: brochures and samples
WHAT YOU NEED
- Must love dogs; we love dogs at Mans.
- Bachelor’s degree in interior design, or a related field – preferred
- Experience in the field – preferred
- Experience with 20/20 Design Software
- Strong overall administrative skills: such as answering phones, meeting & greeting clients, working to some degree with vendors & contractors, keeping product samples in showroom, ordering products and brochures as needed, and aiding in the general upkeep and maintenance of showroom.
- A strong steward of Mans culture and core values
- Possess an influencing presence internally and communicate ideas in a way that persuades others to buy-in and take-action (both written and verbal)
- Deep understanding of business acumen, and a natural strategic thinker
- Ability to quickly learn, use and adapt to many different software programs
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal are a must
This job operates in a professional office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines (well, not really fax machines).
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some daily active movement is required. This role also requires the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand, as necessary.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday 9:00 am to 5:00 pm with schedule flexibility.
PERKS OF THE JOB
World-class benefits consisting of Blue Cross Blue Shield medical and dental coverage, vision insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, 401(k) with generous match of 4%, life insurance, pet insurance, legal assistance, identity theft protection, charitable and community service initiatives, progressive paid time-off policy, paid holidays and annual profit-sharing eligibility. We also have good coffee.
OTHER STUFF OUR LAWYER SUGGESTED WE ADD
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The Company is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.