Bloorview Research Institute
2024 Ward Summer Research Student Program
Title: Ward Summer Research Student - Azadeh Kushki
Status: Temporary Full Time (1.00 FTE)
Start Date: May 6, 2024
End Date: July 26, 2024
Lab: Autism Research Centre – Data Science and Machine Learning
Supervisor: Azadeh Kushki
Program: Bloorview Research Institute
The Ward Summer Student Research program provides an opportunity to experience a unique interdisciplinary mentorship experience. Successful incumbents will have opportunities to work with their mentor on a research project, attend our Lunch ‘n’ Learns and participate in the annual Ward Summer Student Research Day where they will have an opportunity to present their findings to the organization and its visitors.
The student will be a member of the Data Science group at the Autism Research Centre - an interdisciplinary team of researchers and clinicians focused on children and youth. The student will assist with data analyses for a number of projects using data about brain or behaviour. The student will gain practical experience in data science.
The program runs for 12 weeks from May 6, 2024 – July 26, 2024. Students will be paid $16.55 per hour based on a 37.5 hour week (full-time), less statutory deductions, including 4% in lieu of vacation and relevant statutory holiday pay. Students will be paid biweekly through payroll.
- Contribute to data entry and cleaning
- Create data visualizations
- Contribute to writing and testing scripts in Python and R
- Contribute to writing manuscripts
- Attend lab meetings
- Students must be enrolled in an undergraduate degree program
- Demonstrated interest in data science
- Preliminary knowledge of programing languages (Python and R) and interest in advancing knowledge in this area
Please submit the following in one (1) pdf file in the order indicated below:
- A copy of your most recent curriculum vitae (CV)
- A copy of your most recent unofficial university transcript
- A list of two referees (recent professors, previous employers) who may be contacted to provide a letter of recommendation in the event you are shortlisted for the position. Please include the full name of referee, title/position, name of institution, institutional email address and phone number.
Any applications missing this information will not be accepted.
If you require accommodations with the application process, please notify us by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or 416-425-6220 Ext. 3890.
Our group is committed to fostering a climate of inclusion, diversity, equity, and accessibility (IDEA). Our commitment to IDEA is central to, and mutually supportive of, our research excellence mandate. We welcome and respect the diversity of all members and promote an inclusive culture in our community which includes our research scientists, staff, and participants, trainees, volunteers, and partners. We welcome applications from Black individuals and other racialized individuals, Indigenous Peoples, women, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ2SA+ persons, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas within our community. We are committed to fair assessment of a candidate’s abilities, and consideration for diversity of thought, method, and experience, including non-traditional career paths. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process where needed. Please notify us of any accommodations that you require by contacting email@example.com or 416-425-6220.