The Management Trust
Position Title: Community Support Specialist
Location: High Point, Seattle, WA
Reporting To: General Manager
Status: Non-Exempt, Full-Time
Salary: $26-$30 Hourly
The Management Trust is a community association management company. We believe that building and maintaining a community takes more than just hammers and nails. It takes integrity, trust, experience, and support. Our success is based on the belief that effective management anticipates our clients’ needs, not merely reacts to them. We are a company of creative and committed individuals driven by grand aspirations and are proud to be the only 100% employee-owned community management firm in the nation. Our Employee Owners are encouraged to actively participate in growing our business by helping define best practices every day. It is in this spirit that we encourage you to explore this opportunity to join The Management Trust team.
High Point is a 120-acre mixed-income residential community of 1,531 homes located in the Longfellow Creek watershed in West Seattle. High Point’s focus is on sustainability that incorporates a healthy environment (including Built Green and Energy Star standards) and an engaged, diverse community. An innovative natural drainage system manages stormwater on site and protects water quality. Landscaping is maintained in the greenest way possible.
EMPLOYEE OWNER POSITION PURPOSE:
The Community Support Specialist (CSS) is responsible for providing exceptional customer service and quality administrative support to both internal and external clients, including, but not limited to the General Manager and Community Relations Manager. The Community Support Specialist will support programs that include but not limited to recreational, social, cultural, and entertainment designed to enrich the quality of life and enhance the vibrancy of the community for residents. Hours for this position are varied with occasional weekend, holiday, and/or evening hours required. This position is approximately 70% administrative and 30% coordination of events and activities.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Respond to phone inquiries using information/guidance from association manuals, CC&Rs, Rules & Regulations, and other administrative documents
- Partner with management team to return calls on their behalf/check voicemail in accordance with guidelines determined by Division Leadership
- In coordination with General Manager, Assistant Community Association Manager, and Community Relations Manager, setup and maintain association information (including Call-To-Action text, CC&R text, etc.) via the Company’s proprietary software program
- Manage work order processes, including entry, follow-up, and closing work order tickets
- In General Manager and Assistant Community Association Manager absences, oversee basic emergency vendor needs (i.e. contacting a plumber for an emergency association need)
- Coordinate and file association facility reservations
- Prepare letters, memos, forms, and reports for homeowners, Board members, and vendors
- Attend periodic meetings for minute taking, and others (such as annual) to assist with balloting and check-in, as approved by your supervisor
- Assist General Manager with meeting follow-up action items, including compliance letters (including one-offs)
- Assist General Manager with special projects for association needs, including research and custom administrative work; this may include participating in occasional site inspections
- Assist by conducting exterior inspections of homeowner change and/or improvement request to very specifications are in accordance with community standards
- Prepare and mail courtesy notices produced from site inspections and/or as reported by the Assistant Community Association Manager
- Regularly scan and/or file Compliance and Escrow documents
- Prepare notices, newsletters, flyers, and other documents for internal and external needs
- Box/archive end-of-year documentation
- Other duties and special projects as assigned
- Assist with planning and execution of Association events and resident programming
- Assist with set up and take down of tables, chairs, and audio equipment at resident events
- Assist with volunteer outreach and orientation
- Track and prepare statistical reports for the Board of Directors as requested, including: attendance records of members/guests, events, rentals, activities, private and community functions, etc.
- Assist with communications including publishing weekly newsletter, drafting articles, and requesting articles from committees, board members, staff and volunteers.
- Assist in preparing and posting notices flyers, e-blasts, texts, and other documents for community
- Support Events Committee initiatives and programs
- Provide outreach and educational materials to local real estate community
- Prepare and maintain annual community calendar of events
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- High School Diploma (or equivalent); Associate’s Degree preferred
- Proficiency in administrative support – generally between 1-4 years, depending on the position level
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word; intermediate skills a plus
- Conflict resolution skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and address time-sensitive issues
- Superior multi-tasking skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to provide high-level customer service with astute attention to detail and organization
- Must be a team player
- Ability to manage workflow amid shifting priorities
- Willing to learn Company process and procedures, and learn/use proprietary software
- Adaptable and dependable with a solid attendance record
- Professional and respectful demeanor with all internal and external customers at all times
SPECIAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license, vehicle insurance, and driving record in compliance with Company policy
- Use standard office equipment, including: computer, phone, copier/scanner, etc.
- Be stationary for periods of time
- Relocate up to (25) pounds
- Travel to and from offsite locations
SUPERVISES OTHERS? IF SO, LIST:
SCHEDULE & TRAVEL:
- Monday-Friday from approx. 8:30 am-5:00 pm
- This position may require occasional long hours to meet business needs
The Management Trust is an Equal Opportunity employer. We celebrate and support diversity.
The Management Trust reserves the right to modify this job description at any time based on business