Mills James is an innovative and dynamic video and event production company, committed to creating exceptional experiences through the power of storytelling. We blend creativity and cutting-edge technology to bring ideas to life for a diverse range of clients. Our team is a group of passionate professionals who take pride in delivering excellence in everything we do.
We are seeking an experienced and energetic Chief Sales Officer to join our leadership team. This is a unique opportunity for a motivated and driven individual with a strong sales background and an affinity for creativity, to play a pivotal role in driving the growth of our business.
As CSO, you will lead and inspire a talented sales team to achieve revenue targets, while collaborating with our creative and finance departments to ensure seamless project execution. You will be the driving force behind developing and implementing strategic sales plans to accelerate our market presence across the company's service lines.
Specifically, the CSO will develop plans and strategies for lead generation, business development, and account maintenance to achieve the company's sales targets. They will establish and coordinate programs and demonstrate strong negotiation and marketing skills. The CSO will directly supervise Account Managers and support personnel.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES Internal Relationships:
• Develop action plans that clearly define sales objectives.
• Attract, develop, and lead a professional sales team that is responsive to the changing nature of the marketplace.
• Mentor, coach, and develop a team that is strategic, progressive, inquisitive, creative, customer-focused, and understands the fast-moving creative media industry.
• Create a culture of success and ongoing business and goal achievement.
• Manage resources to deliver profitable, measurable growth.
• Hire and develop sales staff. Monitor career development programs for all sales department staff members.
• Provide leadership in developing a sales/marketing led, innovation-driven business culture.
• Define and coordinate sales and individual development training programs that enable staff to achieve their potential and support company sales objectives. Establish sales goals.
• Implement infrastructure and systems to support the success of the sales functions.
• Lead account managers in developing plans/proposals for each client category for existing and potential new clients. Develop these plans/proposals based on an in-depth understanding of client needs and added value market potential. Ensure that all client proposals have competitive advantages.
• Evaluate all current strategies, plans, programs, and personnel to assess strengths and weaknesses and determine what must be improved to meet the challenges of a competitive and changing global marketplace.
• Develop Pre-Pros and junior staff to the next level by ensuring assigned staff fully understand projects, provide effective feedback to staff (positive and critical), identify and promote growth opportunities for all staff members.
• Adhere to company HR policies encompassing recruiting, staffing, training, performance management, employee relations, and compensation/commission programs.
• Collaborate with other members of the administrative staff to ensure all senior staff have the support needed to effectively meet client needs.
• Demonstrate the ability to successfully move into problem-solving mode whenever challenges or concerns arise.
• Assign sales staff members to project teams based on project and client needs. Evaluate team members based on individual and teaming results.
• Participate, as needed, in key client meetings requiring senior staff representation.
• Monitor customer, market, and competitor activity and provide feedback to company leadership team and other company functions.
• Participate in in-person meetings with customers and partners to develop key client relationships.
• Provide detailed and accurate sales forecasting.
• Compile information and data related to customer and prospect interactions.
• Manage key customer relationships and participate in closing strategic opportunities.
• Develop plans and strategies for new business and new markets in achieving the company's sales goals.
• Analyze market data to determine market and client profiles to use in planning and marketing.
• Maximize sales growth while also maximizing profitability of each account and minimizing departmental costs as a percent of sales.
• Contribute to a high level of customer satisfaction and quality service.
• Define sales processes that drive desired sales outcomes and identify improvements where and when required.
• Maintain a network of industry connections that can be utilized for new business and new markets.
Communication and Process:
• Responsible for assigning Sales staff to accounts, as required, and ensuring that all sales administrative pieces are in place (sales plan, contract, budget, schedule, etc.).
• Consistently meet internal and external deadlines.
Financial and Administrative:
• Recommend sales investments and help develop pro forma financial statements for those investments to track return on investment. Collaborate with administrative staff in establishing financial performance goals for those investments.
• Execute strategies to achieve the company's financial goals, including revenue and sales growth, profitability, cost of sale, and new market penetration/market share.
• Control selling expenses and account program costs.
• Define and monitor sales staff compensation and incentive programs that motivate the sales team to achieve individual sales targets.
• Recommend expenditures for tools needed for the sales department.
• Provide reports or briefings on company sales activities as requested by the President/CEO.
• Maintain awareness of technological advancements in the industry and recommend expenditures as needed.
What We Offer:
• A competitive salary and benefits package, including bonus potential, AnthemERC Health & Wellness, Delta Dental and Anthem Visions care, 401(k) with company match.
• A vibrant and supportive work environment, with a focus on collaboration and ongoing professional development
• The chance to make a real impact in the creative industry and play a key role in shaping the future of our business
|Mills James, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer — All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.