The Management Trust
Position Title: Division Compliance Inspector
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Reporting To: Division Vice President of Community Management
Status: Non-Exempt, Full-Time
Salary: $16.00-$18.00 per hour
The Management Trust is a community association management company. We believe that building and maintaining a community takes more than just hammers and nails. It takes integrity, trust, experience, and support. Our success is based on the belief that effective management anticipates our clients' needs, not merely reacts to them. We are a company of creative and committed individuals driven by grand aspirations and are proud to be the only 100% employee-owned community management firm in the nation. Our Employee Owners are encouraged to actively participate in growing our business by helping define best practices every day. It is in this spirit that we encourage you to explore this opportunity to join The Management Trust team.
EMPLOYEE OWNER POSITION PURPOSE:
The Compliance Inspector partners closely with the Compliance Administrator to ensure consistent adherence to the community's CC&Rs, Rules and Regulations, and other key standards. This role requires a strong understanding of HOA governing documents and applicable state/federal regulations.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct on site exterior visual inspections for company managed properties
- Conduct exterior inspections of all homeowner change and/or improvement requests to verify specifications are in accordance with Architectural & Landscape Committee standards
- Regularly communicate with multiple levels of staff to ensure effective channels remain open between the HOA team and homeowners regarding compliance matters; serve as a conduit to relay feedback appropriately and in a timely manner
- Other duties and special projects as assigned
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word
- Strong leadership abilities
- Conflict resolution skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and address time-sensitive issues
- Superior multi-tasking skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to provide high-level customer service with astute attention to detail and organization
- Must be a team player
- Ability to manage workflow amid shifting priorities
- Willing to learn Company process and procedures, and learn/use proprietary software
- Adaptable and dependable with a solid attendance record
- Professional and respectful demeanor with all staff and guests at all times
SPECIAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
- Must have and maintain a valid driver's license, vehicle insurance, and driving record in compliance with Company policy
- Must have reliable and dependable transportation.
- Use standard office equipment, including: computer, phone, copier/scanner, etc.
- Be stationary for periods of time
- Ability to stand for long periods, walk on uneven pavement, climb stairs.
- Relocate up to (25) pounds
- Travel to and from office to property locations and offsite meetings
SUPERVISES OTHERS? IF SO, LIST:
SCHEDULE & TRAVEL:
- Monday-Friday from approx. 8:00 am-5:00 pm
- This position may require occasional long hours to meet business needs
The Management Trust is an Equal Opportunity employer. We celebrate and support diversity.
TMT reserves the right to modify this job description at any time based on business need.
|We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We celebrate and support diversity.
The Management Trust reserves the right to modify any job description at any time based on business need.