Are you a People and Culture Coordinator? Are you looking for a job where you’ll enjoy excellent benefits and the chance to make a difference in your community? Then join the I Am Boundless, Inc. team!
We are a fast-growing nonprofit organization committed to building a world that realizes the boundless potential of all people. For more than forty years, we’ve provided people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and behavioral health challenges the support and services to thrive. Our person-centered approach to care celebrates people for who they are and empowers them to become active participants in the communities where they live, work, and play.
Will you join us? Apply today!
Working for Boundless has many perks. We treat our team like family and offer advantages that allow you to focus, thrive, and grow. Why Boundless?
- Excellent benefits including no-cost dental, vision, and life insurance.
- 80 hours of paid time off a year.
- A Boundless sponsored $150 deposited into your flexible spending plan.
- Student loan forgiveness through the Federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program.
- Scholarships geared towards professional development and continued education.
- Career growth opportunities.
Schedule: Monday-Friday: 8:00 a.m.- 4:30 p.m.
- Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Location: Hybrid (Remote & Columbus, OH)
What You Will Be Doing:
The People and Culture Coordinator will support the P&C (People & Culture) Department in a variety of administrative duties and tasks. The PC Coordinator will serve Boundless and its partner agencies in the end-to-end employee life cycle i.e., recruitment, induction, onboarding, training and development, transfers, and termination process.
Primary Job Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Facilitate and complete background investigations of new hires, including all pre and post onboarding entries into background databases.
- Assists with new hire orientation, ensuring training is completed for all new hires.
- Maintains People and Culture electronic filing systems; ensuring accuracy and completeness of confidential personnel files and team member records.
- Provides a high level of customer service by responding to daily inquiries relating to company policies, programs, and procedures.
- Monitors the People and Culture mailbox and responds to all inquiries in a timely manner.
- Answers frequently asked questions from applicants and employees relative to standard policies, benefits, hiring processes, etc.; refers more complex questions to appropriate senior-level HR staff or management.
- Updates team member information tracking and reporting for select client groups.
- Process all new Boundless associates including:
- Collecting all necessary paperwork including tax forms, job descriptions, references, benefits, etc.
- Ensure completion of compliance requirements including background checks, drug tests, and physicals.
- Assist with process improvement and streamlining to create a more efficient onboarding process.
- Maintain accurate and updated New Employee Packets, ensuring compliance with all federal and state requirements.
- Ensure compliance of all required new hire employee files.
- Maintain OSHA log and data import.
- Update current employee files to initiate transfers or rehires.
- Partner with Sr. Recruiters on reviewing applications and scheduling interviews when needed.
- Partner with Sr. Recruiter to source candidates.
- Responsible to post all jobs internally and externally.
- All other duties as assigned to assist with any aspect of the Boundless organization and the People and Culture functions to support.
Special Skills and Requirements:
- Must be detail oriented and have competent literacy and writing, documentation, communications, and interpersonal abilities.
- Must be able to utilize strategic thinking skills to interpret documents such as procedure manuals, work instructions, and other compensation-related documentation.
- Must be able to communicate well in a respectful manner with all employees, families, and fellow staff members.
- Must have strong organizational and computer skills.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Proven experience as an HR coordinator or relevant human resources/administrative position.
- Knowledge of human resources processes and best practices.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience with HR databases and HRIS systems.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret reports and documents.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Fantastic organizational and time management skills.
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Bachelor's degree
- One year experience working with intellectually or developmentally disabled individuals preferred.
All candidates who have received an offer of employment will be required to undergo a pre-employment background check, drug screen, and health screen as applicable for the role.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.