The Management Trust
Position Title: Community Insurance Specialist
Location: Portland, OR
Reporting To: Assistant Vice President of Insurance Services
Status: Non-Exempt, Full-Time
Salary: $36.00 DOE
The Management Trust is a community association management company. We believe that building and maintaining a community takes more than just hammers and nails. It takes integrity, trust, experience, and support. Our success is based on the belief that effective management anticipates our clients’ needs, not merely reacts to them. We are a company of creative and committed individuals driven by grand aspirations and are proud to be the only 100% employee-owned community management firm in the nation. Our Employee Owners are encouraged to actively participate in growing our business by helping define best practices every day. It is in this spirit that we encourage you to explore this opportunity to join The Management Trust team.
EMPLOYEE OWNER POSITION PURPOSE:
As the Community Insurance Specialist, you are charged with reviewing insurance policies for community associations, requesting insurance proposals, and updating key system information. Your focus is to ensure compliance with association governing documents, applicable laws, contracts, and respond to insurance related requests in a timely manner. The Community Insurance Specialist also serves as the liaison between a policy claims adjuster and the Board of Directors. This role requires attention to detail, strong communication skills, and a willingness to understand the uniqueness of each community. As the Community Insurance Specialist, you will support the system continuity for maintaining standardized insurance policy and community data. In this role there will be direct client contact, analyzing insurance market data, sales, and data entry. Success in this position requires experience with insurance policy sales and claims in the community association industry. Candidates must be self-directed, able to multitask, prioritize, and effectively transition between projects.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review Insurance Policies for community associations for compliance with governing documents, state statute, and management contract
- Import policy and community data into system of record
- Pull data from multiple source types (Word, Excel, PDF) to create data entry sources
- Review upcoming renewals schedules to ensure timely request of insurance proposals
- Oversee the claims process for community associations
- Timely respond to insurance inquiries and requests
- Clearly communicate status updates and delays to provide transparency to all parties involved
- Offer customer excellence to ensure both internal and external client impression of the department is positive
- Recommend process improvements and automation opportunities when identified
- Retain and on-going knowledge of the primary system of record for Community Management
- Other duties and special projects as assigned
- Insurance Producer and Insurance Consultant License strongly preferred but not required
- 2+ years insurance industry experience and/or 2+ years community association industry experience
- High degree of attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Effective organization and time management skills
- Ability to work independently while managing multiple responsibilities (i.e. self-starter/self-motivated)
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Publisher, Acrobat, etc.
- Willing to learn Company process and procedures, and learn/use database software
- Adaptable and dependable with a solid attendance record
- Professional and respectful demeanor with all internal and external customers at all times
SPECIAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license, vehicle insurance, and driving record in compliance with Company policy
- Attend required Continuing Education in order to maintain Producer’s License as needed
- Use standard office equipment, including: computer, phone, copier/scanner, etc.
- Be stationary for periods of time
- Relocate up to (25) pounds
- Travel to and from offsite meetings
SUPERVISES OTHERS? IF SO, LIST:
SCHEDULE & TRAVEL:
- Monday-Friday from approx. 8:00 am-5:00 pm with opportunity for hybrid remote
- This position may require occasional long hours to meet business needs, including being available for emergency needs
The Management Trust is an Equal Opportunity employer. We celebrate and support diversity.
TMT reserves the right to modify this job description at any time based on business need.