First Security Bank offers career opportunities for diverse, professional, and energetic individuals who foster a culture that values critical thinking, problem solving and who execute operational excellence.
Important Information Regarding Application Process: Please note that we do not accept resumes and encourage applicants to include work history on our formal application available via the "Apply Now" link. *Data from resume cannot be downloaded into application. We invite you to view additional job opportunities at https://www.fsbank.com/about/join-us/.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. This job description may be reviewed and modified at any time. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.
Under the direct supervision of Retail Operations Management Team, leads branch staff in the operational, compliance, and sales performance while assisting in the response of customer account inquiries and aids in resolving customer problems and complaints.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Training consists of learning and developing the essential duties listed below:
- May assist with training and development of retail staff on bank protocol, operational processes, policies and procedures.
- Creates a positive working environment that facilitates exceptional service, expanding profitable relationships and employee engagement. Ability to speak effectively to small groups of employees or customers.
- Support and promotes an environment that provides a level of care that makes customers feel welcomed, significant, and engaged.
- Engages banking center team to take ownership of achieving personal and banking center goals.
- Exchange information and keep staff informed of pertinent changes in operational policy and procedures.
- Manages and schedules retail staff for banking center. Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word required.
- Keep staff informed of pertinent changes in operational policy and procedures.
- May assist with scheduling retail teller staff for branch.
- Assist in conducting branch staff meetings/huddles if needed.
- Frequently performs all essential teller/csr duties and ensure that these duties are followed by retail staff.
- Provides and ensures that customers receive exceptional service and that staff execute operational excellence.
- Ensures that team maintains customer confidence and protects bank operations by keeping information confidential.
- Maintain security procedures to protect the team and banking center against robbery and other criminal acts.
- Ensure audit controls are followed to protect the bank from unnecessary risk and exposure.
- May assist ROM to ensure Teller/Bank Center Audits are completed on time every month.
- Support compliance with regulatory guidelines such as Bank Secrecy Act, Regulation CC and Regulation E.
- Retail Banking Supervisor may be required to implement a communication link between all departments and Leadership to ensure the Banking Center Team is informed and understands directives, bank financial performance, initiatives and other pertinent information.
- Identify and review Fraudulent transactions and suspicious activities identified by team members. Review concerns with ROM.
- Monitor wire transfers for accuracy.
- Resolve customer complaints which are beyond the scope of other branch personnel.
- Assist in resolving any outstanding CSR maintenance issues tracked by internal system.
- Work with ROM to develop branch objectives and the specific programs necessary to achieve them. Ability to speak effectively to small groups of employees or customers.
- Ability to read and interpret documents and write routine correspondence via MS Outlook.
- Complete special requests by redeeming U.S. Savings Bonds, processing gift cards, closing accounts, taking orders for checks, exchanging foreign currencies, completing safe-deposit box procedures, and providing account printouts and advanced research, copies and referrals.
- Constantly communicate and exchange information with external and internal customers. Executing operational excellence by meeting quality service requirements, connecting through Bank Better experiences and delivering 2nd Mile Service.
- Operate computer, telephone, keyboard scanner and copier. Computer skills including strong knowledge in MS Office Outlook, typing, 10 key and the internet. May assist retail staff with money counter and drive-thru tube. Proficiency with Bankway software will be required.
- Must be able to arrive at work on time, work on site and work cooperatively with other co-workers. Must be able to travel between banking centers.
- Complete all on-line compliance Teal Training courses timely.
- Will be required to attend Bank Better University and incorporate the primary leadership responsibilities:
- Champion our Bank Better values, culture, and brand promise
- Champion operational excellence, a culture rooted in a passion for the Bank Better customer experience
- Champion quality customer service
- Communicate with excellence
- Foster a positive work environment
- Develop people
- Ensure accountability
- Make sound decisions
- Responsible for soliciting and servicing a variety of commercial loans within the guidelines set forth in the loan policy. Ability to use common sense understanding in order to communicate effectively and carry out detailed written or oral direction.
- Interview commercial loan applicants visually or verbally.
- Frequent communication person to person or by telephone. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Analyzes applicant financial status and credit to determine feasibility of granting a loan. Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Proficiency in numeracy skills such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages, and decimals will be required.
- Maintain current credit files and proper note and collateral security documents.
- Approves loan within established limits or refers loan to loan committee for approval. Ensures that all loan decisions, actions, and recommendations are based on an accurate and thorough understanding of each customer’s financial needs and conditions and comply with all laws, regulations, and bank policy.
- Advises customers on the completion of loan applications and provides excellent customer service throughout the loan approval and closing process.
- Recognize, identify, and report any deterioration in the credit quality of a loan or borrowing relationship.
- Closes/Declines loans in a timely manner.
- Keeps up to date on lending policies/regulations pricing and product information. Regulatory knowledge including but not limited to privacy, safeguarding customer information, Regulation B, Equal Credit Opportunity, Truth in Lending, CRA, HMDA, and flood regulations.
- Manages delinquent account files for the financial institution.
- Cross sells to customers. Actively initiates business contacts to develop relationships, promote bank products and appropriate services. Make quality referrals to other business lines such as Mortgages, Investments, Cash Management and Lending.
- Attract new loan applications by developing relationships within the market, make calls to prospective businesses, customers, and contacts to generate leads and expand the business.
- Manage client loan process, including application, underwriting, closing and post-closing date.
- Become knowledgeable in First Security Bank products, services, compliance, policies and culture and core values. Demonstrates compliance with all bank regulations.
- Become knowledgeable with various departments within the bank. Refer inquiries to the appropriate department or person and verify, as needed, the necessary follow through with customers and or staff involved.
- Additional duties may be assigned or required by management.
This position has limited supervisory responsibilities that under the guidance of management may assist in discipline and evaluate employee performance for assigned branch. Ability to rapidly assess any situation, weigh the pros and cons of various approaches, and make an educated and informed decision.
HOURS OF AVAILABILITY:
Regularly Scheduled Hours/Week: 40 Hours | Availablity Monday - Friday 8:00am -5:30pm | Saturdays 9:00am-12:00pm (typically 1 per month)
*Extended working hours may be required
QUALIFICATIONS |EDUCATION | EXPERIENCE | SKILLS | AVAILABILITY
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed within are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Candidate must be, at a minimum, 18 years of age.
- Credit Check Required**
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- Associate's Degree preferred
- 2-3 years experience or equivalent years of relevant banking experience required.
- Retail Banking Specialist Level 3 required (Internal applicants only)
- Proven ability in making educated and informed decisions.
- Strong understanding of CSR functions. (Internal applicants only)
- Strong knowledge of Excel to assist with scheduling of employees required.
- Ability to successfully train employees and travel between banking centers.
Foster a culture that values critical thinking and problem solving, engagement, inclusion, execute operational excellence and diversity at all levels. Establish a positive and productive work relationships; able to generate trust, ability and willingness to give and receive honest, balanced feedback. Willingness to adhere to a strict ethical code of conduct.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT INFORMATION:
The employee must have the visual acuity to read materials in either a printed format or on a computer screen, view and identify customers at drive-through windows or on camera, identify customers inside the lobby and outside of the bank, review customer transactions and verify necessary information, and identify counterfeit currency. The position also requires the ability to articulate sufficiently well to communicate with customers and co-workers. The employee must have the ability to converse with customers in person, over the telephone, and using the drive-through service.
The employee must possess sufficient mobility to work in and move about in a standard office setting and sufficient hand, arm, and finger dexterity to operate a computer keyboard and other office equipment. Repetitive movement of the wrist, hands, and fingers will be required to handle currency and to operate office equipment including a money counter and drive-through tube. The employee must be able to lift coins and currency weighing up to 50 pounds.
The work environment described here is representative of what an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The duties of this position require the ability to maintain attention to detail and complete work projects accurately in a short amount of time, despite interruptions. The employee must be able to interact with customers in a calm and patient manner and to maintain confidentiality and professionalism in all situations. The employee must be able to use basic mathematical skills related to currency, including adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing numbers. The position also requires the ability to read and interpret documents and draft routine written communications.