First Security Bank offers career opportunities for diverse, professional, and energetic individuals who foster a culture that values critical thinking, problem solving and who execute operational excellence.
Important Information Regarding Application Process: Please note that we do not accept resumes and encourage applicants to include work history on our formal application available via the "Apply Now" link. *Data from resume cannot be downloaded into application. We invite you to view additional job opportunities at https://www.fsbank.com/about/join-us/.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. This job description may be reviewed and modified at any time. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.
Responsible for supporting Banking Center Managers in the operational, compliance, and sales performance of the branch and may direct the operations of a branch in the absence of that manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with training and development of retail staff on bank protocol, operational processes, policies, and procedures.
- Help create a positive working environment that facilitates exceptional service, expanding profitable relationships and employee engagement.
- Support and promotes an environment that provides a level of care that makes customers feel welcomed, significant, and engaged.
- Work with individual Banking Center Manager to engage banking center team to take ownership of achieving personal and banking center goals. Assist the Banking Center Managers to ensure Bank Better Coaching forms are completed on time every month.
- Keep staff informed of pertinent changes in operational policy and procedures.
- May assist with scheduling retail staff for branch. Will be required to use Microsoft Word.
- Assist in conducting branch staff meetings/huddles if needed.
- Partner with the Banking Center Manager and Retail Operation Manager (if applicable) to communicate job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; developing, coordinating, and enforcing policies, procedures, and productivity standards.
- Floating Assistant Banking Center Managers: Able to adapt to various management styles in the market. Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Frequently performs all essential retail duties and ensure that these duties are followed by retail staff.
- Provides and ensures that customers receive exceptional service and that staff execute operational excellence.
- Ensures that team maintains customer confidence and protects bank operations by keeping information confidential.
- Maintain security procedures to protect the team and banking center against robbery and other criminal acts.
- Ensure audit controls are followed to protect the bank from unnecessary risk and exposure.
- Assist the Banking Center Manager to ensure Teller/Bank Center Audits are completed on time every month.
- Support compliance with regulatory guidelines such as Bank Secrecy Act, Regulation CC, and Regulation E.
- Will be required to implement a communication link between all departments and leadership to ensure the Banking Center Team is informed and understands directives, bank financial performance, initiatives, and other pertinent information.
- Identify and review Fraudulent transactions and suspicious activities identified by team members. Review concerns with Banking Center Manager.
- Assist the Banking Center Manager in monitoring wire transfers for accuracy.
- Resolve customer complaints which are beyond the scope of other branch personnel.
- Assist in resolving any outstanding CSR maintenance issues tracked by internal system.
- Work with members of upper management to develop branch objectives and the specific programs necessary to achieve them. Ability to speak effectively to small groups of employees or customers.
- Ability to read and interpret documents and write routine correspondence via MS Outlook.
- Complete special requests by redeeming U.S. Savings Bonds, closing accounts, taking orders for checks, exchanging foreign currencies, completing safe-deposit box procedures, and providing account printouts and advanced research, copies, and referrals.
- Work with Banking Center Manager to educate team about products and services offered through other lines of business.
- Promote bank services and products following appropriate cross-selling procedures or refer customers to appropriate bank personnel.
- Focus on enhancing customer relationships through referrals.
- Maintain existing customer relationships.
- Participate in community outreach and activities to enhance the bank’s image and develop additional business and referral sources.
- Constantly communicate and exchange information with external and internal customers. Executing operational excellence by meeting quality service requirements, connecting through Bank Better experiences, and delivering 2nd Mile Service.
- Operate computer, telephone, scanner, and copier. Strong computer skills including general knowledge in MS Office Outlook, strong Excel skills, typing, 10 key, and the internet. Bank Retail staff will also use money counter and drive thru tube. Proficiency with internal bank software will be required.
- Must be able to arrive at work on time, work on site and work cooperatively with other co-workers. Must be able to travel between branches.
- Complete all on-line compliance Teal Training courses timely.
- Will be required to attend Bank Better University and incorporate the primary leadership responsibilities:
- Champion our Bank Better values, culture, and brand promise
- Champion operational excellence, a culture rooted in a passion for the Bank Better customer experience
- Champion quality customer service
- Communicate with excellence
- Foster a positive work environment
- Develop people
- Ensure accountability
- Make sound decisions
- May be required to assist in other branches within the market.
- Additional duties may be assigned or required by management.
This position will be called on to make both minor and major decisions in the workplace in the absence of the Bank Manager. This may include discipline and evaluation employee performance for all the retail employees. Ability to rapidly assess any situation, weigh the pros and cons of various approaches, and make an educated and informed decision.
QUALIFICATIONS |EDUCATION | EXPERIENCE | SKILLS | AVAILABILITY:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Candidate must be, at a minimum, 18 years of age.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- 3 Years banking experience required..
- Experience in specialized retail banking customer service skills including opening and closing accounts and account maintenance.
- Previous bank supervisory experience highly preferred.
- Ability to successfully train employees.
- Ability to travel between branches within market may be required at times.
- Understanding and willingness to execute operational excellence.
Hours of Availability: Regularly Scheduled Hours/Week: 40 hours
Monday - Thursday: 7:45 am - 5:00 pm | Friday: 7:45 am - 5:30 pm
Flexibility to be scheduled on Saturdays (Depending on Market need): 8:45 am - 12:15 pm
*Extended working hours may be required.
Foster a culture that values critical thinking and problem solving, engagement, inclusion, diversity and execute operational excellence. Establish a positive and productive work relationships; able to generate trust, ability and willingness to give and receive honest, balanced feedback. Willingness to adhere to a strict ethical code of conduct.
The employee must have the visual acuity to read materials in either a printed format or on a computer screen, view and identify customers at drive-through windows or on camera, identify customers inside the lobby and outside of the bank, review customer transactions and verify necessary information, and identify counterfeit currency. The position also requires the ability to articulate sufficiently well to communicate with customers and co-workers. The employee must have the ability to converse with customers in person, over the telephone, and using the drive-through service.
The employee must possess sufficient mobility to work in and move about in a standard office setting and sufficient hand, arm, and finger dexterity to operate a computer keyboard and other office equipment. Repetitive movement of the wrist, hands, and fingers will be required to handle currency and to operate office equipment including a money counter and drive-through tube. The employee must be able to lift coins and currency weighing up to 50 pounds.
The work environment described here is representative of what an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The duties of this position require the ability to maintain attention to detail and complete work projects accurately in a short amount of time, despite interruptions. The employee must be able to interact with customers in a calm and patient manner and to maintain confidentiality and professionalism in all situations. The employee must be able to use basic mathematical skills related to currency, including adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing numbers. The position also requires the ability to read and interpret documents and draft routine written communications.