You deserve a job that you feel proud of, where you can channel your knowledge and skills into projects that positively affect communities, and where you design your own path. This is Alliant. Become an employee-owner of a growing engineering and consulting firm where we strive to provide a diverse and equitable culture of support and opportunities. Our success is driven by our employee-owners, and we're excited to have you be a part of it.
The Impact You'll Have:
We are looking to expand the services offered in our newly established Mankato, Minnesota office. This dynamic and growing small urban area has the amenities of larger cities (sports, arts, restaurants, colleges) with the benefits of a smaller community (quick access to nature, lower cost of living, no traffic congestion).
As a Senior Professional Transportation Engineer/Project Manager in Mankato, you will work closely with the office manager to create the team, develop the culture, and grow the client base to extend Alliant's offering of collaborative, high-quality engineering throughout southern and western Minnesota. You will put your ideas and effort to work in a new enterprise while enjoying the support of an established engineering firm. While serving as the technical lead for transportation design projects and developing the team, you will receive mentoring in project management and leadership from an industry known and highly respected former MnDOT senior leader.
- Engineering Leadership - providing expertise in all aspects of roadway design to guide staff in developing innovative solutions and high-quality deliverables
- Project Management - preparing proposals to secure work; planning project scope, schedule, and budget; leading the team; monitoring progress; and engaging the client and the public to provide an excellent project experience for stakeholders
- Team Development - creating an atmosphere that maximizes peoples' creative and productive potential by developing their autonomy, mastery, purpose, and belonging through employee engagement and openness
- Client Relations - engaging them to understand and deliver on their needs to perpetuate and enhance Alliant's competitive advantage of better customer service and higher quality work
- Business Development - continuously looking out for the needs of current and potential clients through engagement on projects, marketing research and visits, and serving with them in the community
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering (or related engineering field)
- Licensed Professional Engineer
- 10+ years highway design experience including producing layouts, plans, specs, and estimates
- Proven engineering expertise including using MicroStation and GEOPAK
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Applications
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Commitment to delivering high-quality work on schedule
- An entrepreneurial spirit
- Experience supervising, leading, teaching, and mentoring project staff
- Skillful in presenting technical concepts to clients and the public in understandable terms
- Public engagement experience
- History of establishing and fostering strong client relationships
- Experience writing proposals
- Design-build or CMGC experience
At Alliant, we take care of our employees by offering a world class benefit package including:
- Competitive salary with bonus opportunities
- Generous Profit Sharing, Employee Stock Option Plan (ESOP), and 401k Contribution programs
- Medical, Dental, and Vision plans
- Company paid Life Insurance, Short-term disability and Long-term disability
- Flexible spending accounts for Medical and Dependent Care
- Wellness Programs & Competitions
- Generous Annual Leave and Compensatory Time Off programs
- Flexible Schedules
- Casual work environment
- Paid Professional Development and Training
- Community Involvement/Charity Events
- Numerous Employee Focused Events (Lunch & Learns, Office Recreation Room, Quarterly Off-Site Socials, etc.
Who We Are:
Alliant Engineering, Inc., an employee-owned company, is a growing engineering, planning, landscape architecture, and surveying firm with a strong culture of customer service, quality, delivery, and innovation. At Alliant we work hard; we have fun; and we love it.
We design solutions that address current needs while paving the way for a brighter future. We provide a culture of diversity, equity, and support, where everyone is given the opportunity to grow and succeed. We approach every project with unwavering confidence yet remain humbly committed to designing work that speaks for itself. At Alliant, our employee-owners are the force behind our success, and we can't wait for you to join us to build better communities with excellence and passion.
The selected candidate must be authorized to work for any employer in the U.S. without requiring visa sponsorship now or in the future.
|We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.