|A pioneering not-for-profit affordable housing developer and community programs initiator in New York City, Settlement Housing Fund, Inc. has worked since 1969 to create more than 8,700 apartments through 64 affordable rental and homeownership development projects. Settlement Housing Fund presently owns and maintains 36 buildings containing 1,979 apartments in various locations, with concentrations of housing and programs in the Mt. Eden section of the Bronx, Crown Heights, Brooklyn, the Two Bridges neighborhood on the Lower East Side, as well as at other sites throughout Manhattan. We expect that our portfolio will continue to grow. Settlement Housing Fund is equally committed to bringing amenities, programs and services to communities we serve through the development and operation of affordable housing. Settlement Housing Fund is the parent organization of The Crenulated Company, LTD dba New Settlement which was created in 1989 with the acquisition of 14 abandoned buildings from the City of New York. New Settlement has evolved into a robust social service organization offering a range of community-based services in education, college access, youth development, arts, workforce development, community organizing, wellness and other key services that provide important resources to the neighborhood's youth and families. New Settlement's success has been achieved through close collaboration with a wide range of educational institutions, housing and community development organizations, businesses, youth development and social service agencies - in the neighborhood, Bronx-wide, across New York and nationally. The programs at New Settlement are supported by local, state and federal government agencies, as well as foundations, corporations, organizations and individuals.
JOB SUMMARY: Seeking an experienced IT Technician to join our growing organization. From day one, the candidate will have an immediate impact on the day-to-day efficiency of our IT operations and an ongoing impact on our overall growth.
The Candidate will oversee our current systems and assets, assist with upgrades and fixes, and provide training and support as needed. The Candidate will be the primary point of contact for IT support in conjunction with LMS Technical Services, our outsourced IT consultant.
The ideal candidate will have knowledge of computer hardware and software, network maintenance, and industry knowledge to keep us on the cutting edge. This position is fully onsite.
Objectives of this Role
- Maintain essential IT operations, including operating systems, security tools, applications, servers, email systems, laptops, desktops, software, and hardware.
- Handle business critical IT tasks and system improvements.
- Enable faster and smarter business processes and employee productivity.
- Research and evaluate emerging technologies, hardware and software.
- Serve as the subject matter expert supporting Windows, and all common office software and applications, such as Microsoft, Adobe and G-Suite products.
Job Duties include but not limited to:
- Be the reference point for all IT-related queries on the user level, responding to user needs promptly.
- Install, configure, and support workstation software, hardware, printers, and phones to ensure usability.
- Troubleshooting hardware and software issues.
- Ensure electrical safety standards are met.
- Repairing or replacing damaged software.
- Implement applications and software upgrades, as well as performance troubleshooting.
- Train employees on both software and hardware, troubleshoot and provide technical support when needed.
- Establishing good relationships with all departments and colleagues.
- Managing technical documentation.
- Process all LMS invoices.
- Track and complete service requests using IT ticketing system.
- Track inventory and perform Annual Inventory across all the programs.
- Point person for phone service providers: Verizon and Cablevision.
- Identify and suggest possible improvements on procedures.
- Aid IT consultants in conceptualizing and rolling out updates and upgrades.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Associate’s degree in computer science or related field
- 2+ years’ of experience in computer networks, user support and systems maintenance
- Experience with or knowledge of operating systems; current equipment and technologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced computer skills and detail-oriented
- Tech savvy with working knowledge of office automation products, and remote control
- Customer oriented and cool tempered
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to keep company passwords and information confidential
- Strong Time management skills
- Professional certifications in CompTIA A+, Microsoft 365 Certified: Modern Desktop Administrator Associate or Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Solutions Architect Expert
- CompTIA Cloud+
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- The ability to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear.
- The ability to frequently sit and reach with hands and arms.
- The ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Working Conditions: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Must be able to utilize office equipment such as desktop/notebook computers, copiers, printers, scanners, telephones, and calculators.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Employment is at will and employees will undergo 45- and 90-day check-ins during their 90-day probationary period.
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that the duties and responsibilities listed are the only tasks to be performed by the employee in this job. The employee will be required to follow other instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor. This job description supersedes prior job descriptions. When duties and responsibilities change and develop, the job description will be reviewed and subject to changes of business necessity.
New Settlement is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This job description indicates in general the nature and levels of work, knowledge, skills, abilities and other essential functions expected of an employee. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of you as an employee. You may be asked to perform other duties as required.
$35.00 - $40.00 per hour