The Communications Coordinator provides administrative support to the Vice President of Communications and administrative assistance for the Director of Digital Marketing and the Director of Hospitality. The position of Communications Coordinator organizes and supervises all content creation (photography and videography) for Social Media platforms. The Communications Coordinator is responsible for all correspondence, documentation, appointments, travel, and presentations for the Vice President of Communications. The Communications Coordinator also assists with media and public relations, scheduling VIP visits, and managing key contacts within our Customer Relationship Management system. This individual is also cross-trained in our customer service protocols for back up and support of our Direct to Consumer Coordinators as necessary. Data entry in the Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM, managing R.S.V.P.'s, and offsite event coordination are additional functions of the position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Other duties may be assigned:
- Lead the creation of materials necessary for social media communication in keeping with the Communications Calendar, and new vintage releases and events; this includes scheduling photographers and videographers and inputting the finished products into our DAM (Canto).
- Ensure all website imagery and content is up to date and work with Vice President of Communications, to publish new vintage tasting notes and coordinate Opus One's media relations with writers, bloggers, publishers, including arranging tastings with the winemaking team.
- Assist Vice President of Communications with maintaining database of global wine writers, influencers, and branded partners.
- Receive, evaluate, and compile press clippings for Opus One's board of directors and senior management. Coordinate, edit and distribute press releases sent by Opus One.
- Review and respond to general incoming correspondence, emails, phone calls, and scheduling appointments. Advises Vice President of Communications if action is needed regarding the above.
- Publish tri-annual company newsletter.
- Provide travel support to Vice President of Communications including detailed itinerary development, travel and meeting arrangements, expense reporting and shipping of supplies before events, etc.
- Arrange for critical review tastings at the winery and coordinate photography requests for print writers, bloggers, publishers, and assist with customer relationship management system.
- Review publications for all articles relevant to Opus One including tracking a digital clipping service - Cision (includes the luxury wine segment, competitive winery activities, and market trends).
- Coordinate specialized tours for the Vice President of Communications, CEO, Winemaker, and other senior managers as needed in cooperation with Director of Hospitality.
- Prepare meeting minutes for all Communications, Digital and Direct Marketing, and Hospitality departmental meetings.
- Schedule deliverables for major auction lots, including bidder travel, lodging, dining, and ground transportation.
- Facilitating monthly Staff Meeting on Zoom, including calendar invites.
- Generate press kits and maintain up-to-date translations for same.
- Coordinate event R.S.V.P.'s (e.g., Charity dinners, customer events, and special local events)
Direct Marketing Support
- Support Direct to Consumer Coordinators during campaigns and in the case of absence.
- Support Direct Marketing Manager by gathering GA4 and other analytic data relative to the websites.
- Review and edit all direct communications (website and letters) for accuracy and assist with scheduling of mailings as necessary.
- Assist in maintaining Customer Relationship Management database accuracy and provide miscellaneous administrative support around events.
- 5+ years' administration experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Office.
- Customer service experience, preferably in the wine industry.
- Strong organization and communication skills.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must possess a valid Driver's License and be insurable by Opus One
- BA/BS degree.
- Experience with Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics, Canto, Cision, Asana, and Commerce 7.
- Experience collaborating with business stakeholders.
- Fluency in other languages.
SAFETY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Accident prevention is of utmost importance in all phases of job responsibilities.
- Follow all company policies and procedures including job safety, safety rules and regulations.
- Assist management to provide safe and healthy working conditions at all times.
- Immediately report all unsafe conditions, work-related accidents, and illnesses to the Safety Manager and your supervisor.
SUSTAINABILITY: Opus One Winery is committed to doing its part to ensure a sustainable future and improve the environmental well-being of our community. We will continue to ensure minimal impact by continually evaluating our environmental performance and working to improve our program whenever necessary with integrity and purity of focus.
COMPENSATION: Base Compensation Range: $25.00 - $35.00 USD Hourly
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Opus One Winery is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate and welcome diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment.
* The base compensation range is base salary only. In addition to base compensation, all roles are eligible for individual performance bonus and company bonus that range from role to role. Some roles may also be eligible for overtime pay. Individual compensation packages are based on factors unique to each candidate, such as skills, experience, qualifications, and tenure with Opus One.
We understand that benefits are also an important piece of your total compensation package. To learn more about our total compensation package, benefits and perks Opus One Winery has to offer, please visit our careers page.