A General Cleaning Utility Worker is an employee assigned to perform janitorial services at various school sites. This position may be cross trained in pressure washing, high cleaning/high dusting, and floor cleaning, as well as in other general cleaning duties such as detailing, restroom cleaning, trash collection, and other special projects.
The essential functions of a General Cleaning Utility Worker include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Follow safety policies and procedures without exception.
- Damp Wiping
- High Cleaning/Dusting
- Stainless Steel Polishing
- Floor Scrubbing
- Wet/Dry Vacuuming
- Performing other similar and related duties as assigned
Floor Cleaning: Assist with the overall maintenance of the facilities floor care operations which may include dust mopping, wet mopping, machine floor scrubbing, wet/dry vacuuming, stripping of floor wax and recoating, etc.
Restroom Cleaning: Disinfect and clean restrooms to include replenishing stock, emptying trash, dusting, sweeping, cleaning/disinfecting toilets, urinals, walls and partitions, counter tops, and mirrors, and mopping.
Trash Collection: Empty and clean trash receptacles throughout the facility.
Office/Classroom Cleaning: Perform general cleaning duties in office and classroom areas to include disinfecting and wiping surfaces, cleaning up debris and trash, dusting, sweeping, damp mopping, emptying trash, cleaning restrooms, and spot cleaning walls and other surfaces.
High Cleaning/Dust Cleaning: Dust, wipe, vacuum all surfaces above 6 feet from the floor including walls, ledges, ceilings, light fixtures, etc. on a rotational basis throughout the facility. High lift operation may be required in this position.
Perform more detailed oriented tasks when time permits such as replenish stock and organize storage areas, light duty pressure washing, stairwell cleaning.
$100 Retention Bonus
New hires who remain actively employed for 6 months will receive a $100 bonus. To be eligible for the retention bonus:
- The new hire must be an active employee and work their schedule for the first 6 months of employment without taking leave, unscheduled or unapproved time off.
$200 Referral Bonus
Any employee who refers an applicant who is hired and successfully completes the 60-day probationary period will receive a $100 bonus. For the employee to be eligible for the referral bonus:
- The applicant must name the employee as their referrer on their application.
- The applicant must be hired as a part-time or full-time employee of PBMC.
- The applicant must successfully complete the 60-day probationary period.
- Must pass background and motor vehicle record check.
- Drivers’ license is required.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- 1+ year(s) of experience in pressure washing, window cleaning, or floor cleaning preferred.
- Ability to build relationships with management and fellow employees.
- Ability to stay on task while working independently.
- Ability to be on feet for up to 6 hours at a time.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer who fully and actively supports equal access for all people regardless of Race, Color, Religion, Gender, Age, National Origin, Veteran Status, Disability, Genetic Information or Testing, Family and Medical Leave, Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity or Expression. We prohibit Retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or the government, or against any individuals who assist or practice in the investigation of any complaint, or otherwise oppose discrimination.