The Direct to Consumer (DTC) Data Analyst maintains the data warehouse and identifies strategic segments to improve patron relationships that impact the global DTC business. The DTC Data Analyst specializes in digital customer relationship management, analytic reporting, and identifying new and diverse ways to leverage data. The DTC Data Analyst has experience in data visualization tools for creating insightful reports, working with CRM and email marketing platforms, as well as an understanding of baseline industry benchmarks and performance indicators. The ideal candidate also has the capability to execute backend support functions of DTC operations including order processing, and website optimization with a proclivity toward problem-solving.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Other duties may be assigned:
- Maintains a clean data warehouse among various DTC systems.
- Builds and maintains key reporting and provides insights to impact our holistic DTC initiatives.
- Recommends and creates retention and acquisition segments to support brand awareness and sales growth.
- Using statistical and analytical techniques to compile and analyze customer and sales data to identify trends and opportunities for growth. This includes identifying trends, patterns and correlations related to customer behavior, sales and digital marketing efforts.
- Assists in monitoring, creating and reporting Key Performance Indicators (KPI), such as conversion rates, average order value, etc.
- Analyses ad-hoc and/or ongoing reporting as needed.
- Maintains data integrity, reviews and updates records, tracks activities and implements safeguard and validation rules to help build deeper relationships with customers.
- Works closely with cross functional teams, including guest-facing and digital DTC team in organizing and sharing insights.
- Solicits, gathers, and analyzes user input, studying user browsing behavior and creates requirements for input on optimizing user experience.
- Supervises e-mail campaign functionality, contributes to customer segmentation and targeting for email marketing campaigns, and corresponding analysis of these campaigns.
- Documents team feedback, updates process accordingly.
- Leads backend functions of e-commerce and inbound order processing, ensuring all is operating correctly.
- Supports payment gateway needs.
- Assists with inventory upload and management, raising any concerns as it relates to allocations and out-of-stocks.
- Supports accurate and timely new product/SKU setup.
- Maintains SOP library.
- Investigates, resolves, and troubleshoots system errors.
- Identifies and drives improvements within the website, systems, customer experience, and processes as business requirements evolve.
- Provides technical support within the Guest Relations Department and trains end-users.
- 3+ years in Winery Analytics.
- 2+ years of experience in Winery DTC Systems.
- Excellent communication skills for translating technical findings into actionable insights.
- Customer service experience, preferably in the wine industry.
- Strong critical thinking skills to assess and interpret data.
- Ability to prioritize and meet all deadlines and work quickly and accurately.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- BA/BS degree.
- Proficient in Microsoft Dynamics, Klaviyo, and Commerce 7.
- Experience collaborating with business stakeholders.
- Fluency in other languages.
SAFETY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Accident prevention is of utmost importance in all phases of job responsibilities.
- Follow all company policies and procedures including job safety, safety rules and regulations.
- Assist management to provide safe and healthy working conditions at all times.
- Immediately report all unsafe conditions, work-related accidents, and illnesses to the Safety Manager and your supervisor.
SUSTAINABILITY: Opus One Winery is committed to doing its part to ensure a sustainable future and improve the environmental well-being of our community. We will continue to ensure minimal impact by continually evaluating our environmental performance and working to improve our program whenever necessary with integrity and purity of focus.
COMPENSATION: Base Compensation Range: $32.00 – $48.00 USD Hourly
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Opus One Winery is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate and welcome diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment.
* The base compensation range is base salary only. In addition to base compensation, all roles are eligible for individual performance bonus and company bonus that range from role to role. Some roles may also be eligible for overtime pay. Individual compensation packages are based on factors unique to each candidate, such as skills, experience, qualifications, and tenure with Opus One.
We understand that benefits are also an important piece of your total compensation package. To learn more about our total compensation package, benefits and perks Opus One Winery has to offer, please visit our careers page.