|Fusion Academy is a revolutionary alternative, accredited private school for grades 6-12 that offers a fully individualized classroom: one student, one teacher. As the nationwide leader in one to one schooling, Fusion Academy has campuses throughout the country.
Every student at Fusion is unique - some students are accelerated learners; some need flexible scheduling; and others have special learning needs due to attention challenges, learning differences, or social and emotional difficulties. No matter why students come to Fusion, our model is simple - through compassion and acceptance, Fusion students learn on their terms, on their schedule, and in their learning style.
Our model is a unique academic program offering services year-round on a rolling admissions basis. Our environment is highly personal and socially inclusive. Equal emphasis is placed on students' emotional well-being as it is on academic achievements. In addition to full time enrollment, students at Fusion Academy may take a class for credit or enroll in our tutoring/mentoring program.
The Fusion culture offers a special place to work, teach, and learn. Fusionites are a special brand of educators--they are creative, passionate, embrace change, and have fun! They communicate honestly and with compassion to both students and colleagues. People join the Fusion family for more than just a paycheck; they seek to work with peers who share these values. And because Fusion is growing rapidly, we offer considerable opportunity for career advancement throughout the country.
Are you that relentless "Can Do" attitude type with a passion for genuinely connecting and delivering extraordinary results? We have an awesome opportunity!
The Director of Admissions and Outreach (DAO) serves as the admissions, marketing, and outreach director for the individual Fusion campus location. The DAO is both an integral part of the campus family and the school's ambassador to the community. The DAO meets extensively with educational and healthcare professionals in the community, forming new relationships and maintaining existing ones, so that Fusion is part of an extended family of resources and support. The DAO is also the initial point of contact for families inquiring about admission, and a vital contributor to on-campus events and culture. To excel in these dual missions, a DAO must be able to find multiple balances: between numbers and relationships, confidence and vulnerability, connection and autonomy, passion and compassion. Amazing Fusion DAOs are driven, creative and poised. They communicate with great clarity and empathy. They bond with students, families, staff and professionals. They know their audience and tend to impress. They hit targets and touch hearts. If this role sounds like the right sort of adventure for you, please consider applying.
Target HIre Date: Dec 2023 - Jan 2024
Target First Day of School: Late Spring 2024
Role Type: In-Person
Target Pay Range: $60,000 - $72,000 USD / Annually. Position is performance bonus eligible.
Here's some of what you'll be doing day to day:
- Promoting Fusion enrollment opportunities and programs to professionals such as therapists, psychiatrists, and educational consultants in the surrounding communities, via cold phone calls, emails and face-to-face visits both on and off campus.
- Developing new relationships with local associations & community-based organizations and maintaining existing relationships with these groups by attending group meetings.
- Creating opportunities to bring visitors onto the Fusion campus.
- Recording and reporting key metrics through use of internal tracking systems.
- Managing a marketing, outreach and admissions budget.
- Coordinating school marketing, public relations and event management.
- Developing an annual community awareness and outreach plan.
- Coordinating a Parent Ambassador Group and organizing Parent Education Meetings.
- 'Owning" the student admissions process, including initial inquiries from parents, campus tours, and ensuring a 'celebrity experience" for the enrolling family.
- Utilizing Social Media outlets to post updates about the campus.
- Other duties as assigned.
What We're Looking For:
- A Bachelor's degree (Master's degree preferred)
- A background in counseling and/or education - This is an important consideration as most Fusion outreach is conducted with mental health professionals and education consultants
- Proven track record (2 to 5 years) in business development or outreach is ideal.
- Licensed social work, therapist, counselor experience in mental health field will be considered. Preferably this experience is coupled with sales experience where there is a track record of outward facing experience representing a high quality brand
- Experience marketing a school, addiction program, or therapeutic program is a plus
- School admissions experience.
- Patience and a problem-solving approach to issues
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Advanced skills in Word, Excel, and Outlook (preferred)
- A strong goal and results orientation
- A high level of integrity and professionalism
- Persuasive oral and advanced written communication skills
- High customer service focus
- Personal motivation and passion about achieving goals and deadlines
- Experience using a Customer Relationship Management System (preferably Salesforce)
- An ability to be understand and report on goals/metrics
- Enthusiasm and flexibility
Required Travel: Daily travel in the local school community visiting with mental health professionals, counselors, education consultants, and organizations involved in adolescent mental health and education.
Compensation & Benefits
Compensation: excellent quarterly payout bonus opportunities are available in addition to a $60,000.00- $72,000.00 base salary. Full benefit package including health, dental, 401K, basic life insurance, long term disability insurance, and AD&D insurance vacation and holiday pay.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or sex.