· Responsible for operation of center.
· Responsible for center and staff adherence to Head Start Performance Standards, Two Rivers’ Policies and Procedures and DCFS Licensing Standards. Ensure proper DCFS staff/child ratios, substituting as needed.
· Responsible for helping to maintain an Average Daily Attendance of 85% or better. Ensure documentation of absences including reasons/resolutions of problems.
· Ensure the weekly approval of lesson plans. Observe the classrooms on a daily basis and completing formal observations as required. Provide direction to all staff in developmentally appropriate practices.
· Ensure the documentation on all family contacts using Family Contact Forms/Tracking Sheets.
· Act as a liaison between the center and all Head Start content are coordinators and consultants.
· Responsible for time and attendance of staff. Assess each staff member’s work performance. Document, report to appropriate personnel and address concerns with staff in a timely manner.
· Conduct Parent Orientation in conjunction with Family Worker if applicable.
· Develop/conduct along with Family Worker no less than two (2) parent meetings a month.
· Plan and develop four (4) Parent/Child Activities to include RIF book selection and distribution with Family Worker in collaboration with Family Education Coordinator.
· Conduct and document weekly staff meetings.
· Ensure completion and documentation of monthly fire drills, and bus evacuations, and tornado drills March to September.
· Maintain accurate records of parent co-payments/late fees. (KEYS Programs)
· Collaborate with the Professional Development Coordinator to ensure training plans are implemented and documented for staff, particularly new staff.
· Monitor kitchen procedures in preparation and serving of meals and snacks.
· Ensure strong communication with parents, center staff, administrative office and the community. Compile and ensure distribution of the weekly newsletter to families.
· Recommend the purchase of appropriate materials/supplies.
· Guide staff and participate in maintaining center in clean and orderly manner.
· Welcome, encourage and schedule volunteer/family involvement at the center. Assist in ensuring documentation of parent/family involvement in curriculum.
· Participate in staff training sessions, in-services and administrative meetings, as scheduled.
· Participate as member of Staffing Team for center.
· Review and guide teaching staff in maintaining/updating ongoing assessment and using outcome data to plan, individualize for children and make classroom improvements as needed.
· Ensure the completion of two (2) home visits and two (2) center conferences for each child during the program year. Participate as necessary.
· Oversee, approve and assist as necessary with field trips (encouraging two (2) per year to library).
· Report concerns about suspected child abuse/neglect to Center Supervisor/Family Worker/Administrative Office.
· Ensure that all needed medical/dental follow-up for children is completed.
· Prepare reports as requested in a timely and accurate manner.
· Assist in the recruitment and enrollment of children.'