The Management Trust
Position Title: Maintenance Technician
Location: Indio Springs RV Resort, Indio CA
Reporting To: Facilities Superintendent
Status: Non-Exempt, Full-Time
The Management Trust is a community association management company. We believe that building and maintaining a community takes more than just hammers and nails. It takes integrity, trust, experience, and support. Our success is based on the belief that effective management anticipates our clients' needs, not merely reacts to them. We are a company of creative and committed individuals driven by grand aspirations and are proud to be the only 100% employee-owned community management firm in the nation. Our Employee Owners are encouraged to actively participate in growing our business by helping define best practices every day. It is in this spirit that we encourage you to explore this opportunity to join The Management Trust team.
EMPLOYEE OWNER POSITION PURPOSE:
The Maintenance Technician is primarily responsible for the general maintenance and repair of landscape, physical structures, plumbing, and electrical systems in common areas of the Association.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform grounds maintenance (i.e. blowing and pressure washing as needed), as well as turf/grass maintenance (i.e. mowing, trimming, edging, fertilizing, dethatching, and over-seeding), weeding and trimming of plant material
- Monitor and maintain irrigation system to include unground repairs
- Perform preventative maintenance on buildings and equipment, including minor electrical repairs, plumbing, and carpentry
- Perform corrective maintenance on buildings and equipment, including minor electrical repairs, plumbing, stucco, and carpentry
- Monitor and maintain underground resort water lines
- Paint common areas as directed by supervisor and perform touch-up painting of scratches and nicks as discovered in common areas, as well as to prevent corrosion
- Perform minor appliance repair such as removal of dust, dirt, grease, and waste material from machines,
- Clean and repair lighting fixtures and replace bulbs as needed
- Maintain clean common area decks, fences, railings, window screens, doors, and sidewalks
- Clean gutters, down-spouts, and scuppers to maintain drainage
- Maintain gate access as necessary
- Fire extinguishers maintained and inspected for damage as required
- Test and log generator performance as required
- Monitor lake levels and record information as necessary
- Collect resort garbage and maintain trash and recycle bins located in common areas
- Daily monitoring of building exteriors, interiors, pool, and parking lots; perform litter and debris control; note safety, maintenance, and compliance issues and report them to supervisor as necessary
- Maintain supply inventory and pertinent records of expenses as outlined by supervisor
- Clean carpets, floors, window sills, and furniture in common areas
- Maintain a clean work area, tools, and equipment
- Other duties and special projects as assigned
- High School Diploma (or equivalent)
- Sound understanding or proficiency in plumbing and electrical techniques
- Sound ability to use common hand and power tools
- Experience in property maintenance - with generally between 1-3 years of experience
- Conflict resolution skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and address time-sensitive issues
- Superior multi-tasking skills
- Ability to provide high-level customer service with astute attention to detail and organization
- Must be a team player
- Ability to manage workflow amid shifting priorities
- Willing to learn Company process and procedures, and learn/use proprietary software
- Adaptable and dependable with a solid attendance record
- Professional and respectful demeanor with all internal and external customers at all times
SPECIAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
- Must have and maintain a valid driver's license, vehicle insurance, and driving record in compliance with Company policy
- Use standard office equipment, including: computer, phone, copier/scanner, etc.
- Use standard maintenance equipment, including: vehicles, power equipment, hand tools, etc.
- Relocate up to (50) pounds
- Be stationary or in motion for periods of time
- Travel to and from offsite locations
SUPERVISES OTHERS? IF SO, LIST:
SCHEDULE & TRAVEL:
- Monday-Friday from approx. 6:00a.m. -2:30p.m.
- This position may require occasional long hours to meet business needs, including being available for emergency needs
The Management Trust is an Equal Opportunity employer. We celebrate and support diversity.
TMT reserves the right to modify this job description at any time based on business need.