Annual Salary: $46,488
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday 8a - 4:30p
(Some nights and weekends may be required)
The Hampton - Newport News Community Services Board is a leading mental health services provider dedicated to improving the lives of individuals facing severe and persistent mental illness. We are seeking a motivated and compassionate Forensic Service Coordinator to join our Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) program. If you are passionate about making a difference in the lives of those with mental illness, we invite you to apply and be part of our dynamic team.
As a Forensic Service Coordinator in our Assertive Community Treatment program, you will play a critical role in ensuring the continuity of services for individuals with severe and persistent mental illness, including those with co-occurring intellectual developmental disabilities and substance abuse issues. You will work with a dedicated team of medical, behavioral health, and rehabilitative professionals to provide comprehensive care and support to our clients.
- Conduct outreach and engage with clients to assess their psychological and basic needs.
- Develop and implement individualized treatment plans in collaboration with clients and the ACT team.
- Link clients to appropriate service providers and community resources to address their unique needs.
- Monitor and track client progress, advocating for their rights and well-being.
- Provide crisis intervention and counseling services as needed.
- Offer daily living support, medication supervision, and assistance with financial and social needs.
- Focus on clients with forensic involvement, offering specialized services in this area.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Human Services (Social Work, Psychology, or Counseling), one (1) year of experience in case management or service coordination services, and experience in working with jails, prisons, and criminal justice agencies. Must be registered with the Board of Counseling to practice as a QMHP-A or register as a QMHP-A trainee within 30 days of employment.