Turning Point Community Programs is seeking a Behavioral Health Specialist II for our Coloma Center program in Roseville. Turning Point Community Programs (TPCP) provides integrated, cost-effective mental health services, employment and housing for adults, children and their families that promote recovery, independence and self-sufficiency. We are committed to innovative and high quality services that assist adults and children with psychiatric, emotional and/or developmental disabilities in achieving their goals. Turning Point Community Programs (TPCP) has offered a path to mental health and recovery since 1976. We help people in our community every single day – creating a better space for all types of people in need. Join our mission of offering hope, respect and support to our clients on their journey to mental health and wellness.
Under the administrative supervision of the Program Director or designee, this position is responsible for providing psychosocial, rehabilitation and recovery-oriented services for Turning Point members. Additional support in the areas of medication management, resource connection (e.g., housing resources, AOD, PCP, OP, etc.), counseling and advocacy will be provided as needed.
This is an at-will direct service position within a program. The position is responsible for assisting and advocating for our members in all areas of treatment and help them apply for and receive services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES – (ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY)
The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that could be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to this class.
- In the absence of the Program Director or designee, provides leadership and direction for clients as assigned.
- Advocates for clients in all areas of treatment and helps them apply for and receive services; empowers clients in meeting their goals.
- Advocates for and assists clients and their families in accessing and receiving mental health treatment, medical care, housing, food and clothing as indicated.
- Supports individual service plans for each client.
- Maintaining all client records and complete required documentation and data entry according to program standards including progress notes, activity reports, and logs, etc.
- Meets regularly with clients at Turning Point sites or in the field, at job sites, homes, board and care facilities, skilled nursing facilities and other appropriate sites.
- Consults with or meets regularly with the client’s family, care provider or other significant persons with client’s consent.
- Coaches clients in developing age-appropriate social skills, money management, personal hygiene, and job readiness.
- Assists in establishing client’s eligibility for Medi-Cal or other benefits and advocates for continuation of benefits when appropriate.
- Develop financial management plans for clients who receive Representative Payee Services and authorizes appropriate expenditures.
- Interacts productively within the team in order to provide holistic case management services to an identified group of clients.
- Provides “on-the-spot” counseling that is both helpful to the clients and consistent with the philosophy of the program.
- Drives on program business using personal vehicle for the purposes of medication outreach, home visits, transporting clients to appointments/activities, community/county meetings/trainings, MH court.
Schedule: Monday – Friday, 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Compensation: $24.00 - $25.47 per hour
Interested? Join us at our open interviews on Wednesdays from 2-4PM,
located at 10850 Gold Center Drive, Suite 325, Rancho Cordova, CA 95670
CLICK HERE TO APPLY NOW!
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS & LICENSES
Education, Training and Experience:
A typical way of obtaining the knowledge, skills and abilities outlined above is through graduation from a four (4) year college or university with a bachelor’s degree in Social Work or related field and four (4) years varied experience as a provider of direct mental health services or meeting other Mental Health Rehabilitation Specialist qualifications.
Licenses; Certificates; Special Requirements:
- California driver’s license & current vehicle insurance/registration.
- Reliable means of transportation capable of passing vehicle safety inspection if more than five years old excluding all modes of two-wheeled transport inclusive of bicycles, mopeds and motorcycles
|We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.