Join us at PRISM for an exciting new career opportunity!
Caring Team Environment where YOU matter
If youre looking for a career that:
- Satisfies your interest in the medical billing field with values centered around patient care
- Gives you a stable, Monday through Friday schedule
- Provides unmatched training so you are confident in your ability to help others
- Offers opportunities to help patients and make a difference in other lives everyday
then PRISM is the right match for you!
We offer you:
- A competitive salary
- 3 Weeks of Paid Time Off that begins accruing your first month of employment!
- Paid Holidays - eligible upon hire!
- A comprehensive list of health benefits options to choose from
- Employer match to 401k contributions
- Robust training programs on professional, technical and leadership skills
- Employee Referral Program
- Education Reimbursement
- Community outreach opportunities
- and more!
Founded in 2006 and headquartered in Elkin, North Carolina, PRISM is a nationwide provider of specialty home medical supplies with a core competency in advanced wound care products. Most recently, Henry Schein, Inc. the worlds largest provider of health care solutions to office-based dental and medical practitioners, announced the acquisition of a majority ownership position in Prism Medical Products, LLC (PRISM). PRISM serves a broad and loyal referral network of nationally affiliated and independently operated wound care clinics, as well as specialist practices and clinics in primary care, ostomy, podiatry, rehabilitation and physical therapy, general and plastic surgery, dermatology, and vascular medicine. PRISM enjoys strong referral retention rates as well as high marks for customer satisfaction.
We continue to be a fast-growing home medical supply company that serves our community. Consistently delivering our special recipe of quality and reliable service for all patients, medical facilities, and vendors has made us a unique presence nationwide. We are a valued and trusted health care partner.
A day in the life of a Billing Associate:
1. Posts payments to claims in multiple formats (ERA, Paper checks, CC, etc.)
2. Engages in a full understanding of reports and special processes to include the Insurance Paid Patient, Duplicate Report, and Modifier Report to effectively reduce claim errors.
3. Reviews patient accounts for proper verification of credit balances and completes refund requests to Accounting for patient account resolution.
4. Processes all incoming and outgoing mail daily including sorting and distribution of mail to other departments.
5. Meets daily deadlines to complete address corrections as identified from our mail sources through Change Healthcare and the USPS.
6. Meets all necessary training requirements and established daily quotas for Medicare and Medicaid Pre Bill-Audits and rejections resolution.
7. Proficiently utilizes all insurance resources to ensure an accurate understanding of all verification of eligibility reports either online or through Prism's DME Eligibility Report.
8. Interprets and understands Remittance Advices to include allowable amount, patient responsibility, denial codes, and remark codes to effectively resolve entry level denials, research outstanding primary insurance accounts receivable balances, and communicate concerns to supervisor.
9. Maintains accurate records concerning billing activity by making clear and concise notes in each patient account. Scan and designate images as needed into the appropriate Document Imaging category in Noble.
10. Provides excellent phone customer service with patients/clients regarding individual account status and balances due.
11. Exemplifies good communication upwardly and to other team members to promote a positive environment and produce good results.
12. Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
13. Adheres to company policies and procedures regarding employment, safety, and compliance; resolving any are of non-compliance immediately. Report any concerns of non-compliance in any area to your manager
Interested in health care, but would like an opportunity to build a career behind the scenes? We are willing to teach you and provide the support needed to help you grow within your role!
Why members of #teamPRISM enjoy working here:
Prism has a close-knit culture where everyone knows your name and youre not just a number.
Its a great family environment and each part of the company works together for the greater good of the patients.
Prism is the best company I have ever worked for. I love it here because there are so many growth and development options for me.
I learn something new every day and I love the excellent values the company stands behind and upholds to patients and clients every day. BEST PLACE TO WORK!
Find your career home! Apply today!