A General Cleaner / Janitor / Custodian is an employee assigned to perform the overall janitorial services operation at the facility and may be cross trained as a restroom specialist, vacuum specialist, utility specialist, glass specialist, light duty specialist, pressure washing technician and floor technician.
*All employees must pass a background check*
The essential functions of a General Cleaner include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Follow safety policies and procedures without exception
- Disinfecting and wiping surfaces
- Cleaning up debris and trash
- Damp mopping
- Vacuuming carpet
- Emptying trash
- Cleaning restrooms
- Cleaning glass and desktops
- Spot cleaning walls and other surfaces
- Performing other similar and related duties as assigned
Restroom Cleaners disinfect restrooms to include replenishing stock, emptying trash, dusting, sweeping, cleaning/disinfecting toilets, urinals, walls and partitions, counter tops, and mirrors, and mopping.
Trash Collectors empty trash receptacles throughout the facilities, concourses, and on the entry and exit sidewalks. Trash collectors may also be assigned to sweep the outside sidewalks, drive lanes, and trash compactor areas.
Office Cleaners perform general cleaning duties in office areas to include disinfecting and wiping surfaces, cleaning up debris and trash, dusting, sweeping, damp mopping, emptying trash, cleaning restrooms, and spot cleaning walls and other surfaces.
Project Specialists perform more detailed oriented tasks when time permits such as laundry, replenish stock and organize storage areas, light duty pressure washing, stairwell cleaning, elevator cleaning, grounds maintenance (sweeping and picking up debris in outdoor areas).
$100 Retention Bonus
New hires who remain actively employed for 6 months will receive a $100 bonus. To be eligible for the retention bonus:
- The new hire must be an active employee and work their schedule for the first 6 months of employment without taking leave, unscheduled or unapproved time off.
$100 Referral Bonus
Any employee who refers an applicant who is hired and successfully completes the 60-day probationary period will receive a $100 bonus. For the employee to be eligible for the referral bonus:
- The applicant must name the employee as their referrer on their application.
- The applicant must be hired as a part-time or full-time employee of PBMC.
- The applicant must successfully complete the 60-day probationary period.
- Must pass background check
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work
- Ability to build relationships with management and fellow employees
- Ability to stay on task while working independently
- Ability to be on feet for up to 6 hours at a time
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer who fully and actively supports equal access for all people regardless of Race, Color, Religion, Gender, Age, National Origin, Veteran Status, Disability, Genetic Information or Testing, Family and Medical Leave, Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity or Expression. We prohibit Retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or the government, or against any individuals who assist or practice in the investigation of any complaint, or otherwise oppose discrimination.