We are offering a $1,500 sign-on bonus for the Member Relationship Specialist role at Countryside Credit Union -A Division of Northern Credit Union. See www.mynorthern.com/careers for more details!
The Member Relationship Specialist is responsible for effectively delivering the Standard of Excellence in member relationship building and new account services in the relationship center network. Through needs-based conversations, the Member Relationship Specialist ensures member needs are met while providing efficient service that helps members with their financial goals and dreams.
Essential Job Functions:
- Establishes and retains relationships with members and potential members by providing a Standard of Excellence in every member service experience:
- Acknowledges and greet all visitors in a courteous, friendly, timely, and professional manner while:
- Identifying members by using personal information;
- Builds rapport by using personalized conversation;
- Maintains focus on the member;
- Avoids interrupting, letting members deliver their full message before offering solutions;
- Applies active listening skills; paraphrasing and empathizing with member concerns;
- Asks open ended questions to better understand the members’ needs;
- Adapts to the member’s way of being treated;
- Consistently ensuring member applications are complete and accurate prior to completion of the interaction.
- Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of new account openings and the conversations of products and services that lead to the most successful relationships.
- Promotes and expands relationships by explaining benefits of credit union services such as electronic services, debit and credit cards, checking, savings and loans.
- Initiates follow up and outbound calls with members based on Northern’s goal expectations.
- Demonstrates increased member awareness and usage of alternative, convenient service delivery channels, such as Debit and ATM programs, the Credit Union’s website, Virtual Relationship Center utilization and our 24/7 lending service:
- As a team, assists with managing traffic flow by referring members to appropriate Member Relations staff when necessary. Identifies and refers members to the appropriate teams for additional support: NFS for financial planning advice, Home Lending for mortgage referrals, Credit Solutions for concerns with late loan payments etc.
- Demonstrates knowledge of Smart Office technology by introducing all consumer loan applicants to the Consumer Lending team for completion of all consumer lending applications.
- Ensures the member is comfortable and understands the expectations of this process and next steps.
- Enhances the member’s knowledge of services by demonstrating, educating, and explaining the use and benefits of alternative solutions such as the AIT.
- Supports relationship center needs through efficient processes:
- Completes documentation, tracking, and follow up on member service needs throughout the day.
- Ensures Member contact information is documented or updated, including all member accounts. (360 tool).
- Performs member transactions while ensuring accuracy.
- Performs Opening Relationship Center processes, ATM Fills, Peer balancing; assisting with Vault Responsibilities – Dual Control.
- Develops relationships; follows up with members to ensure satisfaction with present products and services and inquiries about the status of future member needs.
- Makes membership calls required for marketing promotions.
- Demonstrates knowledge in all areas of Credit Union operations, products, services, policies, guidelines, procedures, and both federal and state regulations.
- Maintains confidentiality of credit union, internal and external owners’ information.
- Utilizes technology and demonstrates knowledge of Episys, Synapsis, Opening Act, Docu-sign; uses screens such as Relationship Profile or Relationship Summary to identify opportunities and deepen member relationships.
- Demonstrates knowledge of organizational security procedures such as Cash Control Policy, Currency Handling Procedures, Managing Teller Differences, BSA policy etc.
- Reports all suspected fraud activity immediately to the appropriate department and assists with the investigation of the fraud.
Other Job Functions:
- Through Ownership Pride promotes Northern's Core Values throughout the organization. Actively seeks solutions to issues related to member and staff expectations. Participates in the future of the credit union by offering constructive suggestions that may attract new members and/or enhance product penetration.
- Must be technologically savvy especially as it relates to self-service options and keeps abreast of evolving consumer needs and trends.
- Must adapt well to new or non-traditional environments and display a commitment to the community, to increasing member engagement and to Northern’s objectives.
- Consistently communicates verbally and non-verbally with members as well as internal and external owners with a high degree of professionalism.
- Identifies and participates in educational programs such as Cornerstone online training resources, schools and/or conferences to continually develop greater knowledge and expertise in member service. Takes initiative for personal career development and seeks opportunities to learn new skills.
- Maintains knowledge of responsibilities and functions of departments within the credit union.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- 2+ years of related banking experience, 3+ years preferred.
- Exceptional member service skills are required: Relationship focused approach, product and service knowledge, attention to detail, adherence to operational policies and procedures.
- Ability to maintain the highest degree of professionalism, even under the most trying of situation.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, relationship -building environment.
- Ability to effectively present information one-on-one and in small group situations.
- Ability to work independently, while working as part of the team.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, percentages and to interpret reports.
- Proficiency with a PC and PC software, demonstrated knowledge of and proficiency with MS Office Suite, Outlook, and various internet browser environments required.
Physical Activities and Requirements of this Position:
Finger Dexterity: Using primarily just the fingers to make small movements such as typing, picking up small objects, or pinching fingers together. Talking: Especially where one must frequently convey detailed or important Instructions or ideas accurately, loudly, or quickly. Average Hearing: Able to hear average or normal conversations and receive ordinary information. Repetitive Motions: Movements frequently and regularly required using the wrists, hands, and/or fingers. Average Visual Abilities: Average, ordinary, visual acuity necessary to prepare or inspect documents or products or operate office equipment. Physical Strength: The employee is frequently required to stand and must be able to lift 30 lbs. on occasion. Working Conditions: No hazardous or significantly unpleasant conditions.
Mental Activities and Requirements of this position:
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved instructions and to deal with problems involving few variables. Mathematics Ability: Ability to perform basic math skills, use decimals to compute ratios, and percents, and to draw and interpret graphs. Language Ability: Ability to read a variety of books, magazines, instruction manuals, and online resources. Ability to prepare memos, reports, and essays using proper punctuation, spelling, and grammar. Ability to communicate distinctly with appropriate pauses and emphasis, correct pronunciation (or sign equivalent), and variation in word order using present, perfect, and future tenses.
The base pay range for this position is $17.18 - $22.55 per hour. Exact offers will be determined based on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience