The Management Trust
Position Title: Senior Financial Analyst
Location: Irvine, CA
Reporting To: Sr. Director of Financial Services
Status: Exempt, Full-Time
Salary: $100k - $110K - DOE
The Management Trust is a community association management company. We believe that building and maintaining a community takes more than just hammers and nails. It takes integrity, trust, experience, and support. Our success is based on the belief that effective management anticipates our clients' needs, not merely reacts to them. We are a company of creative and committed individuals driven by grand aspirations and are proud to be the only 100% employee-owned community management firm in the nation. Our Employee Owners are encouraged to actively participate in growing our business by helping define best practices every day. It is in this spirit that we encourage you to explore this opportunity to join The Management Trust team.
EMPLOYEE OWNER POSITION PURPOSE:
As the Senior Financial Analyst, you are charged with supporting the financial planning and budgeting process, new business acquisition, analyzing financial statements and reports, developing financial models, preparing projections, and performing research and analysis as may be required by Leadership. This role requires excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and an understanding of generally accepted accounting principles.
This role also requires energy, a winning vision, and an innate drive to provide recommendations and solutions to help achieve company objectives while developing a collaborative and encouraging work environment. Your chief mission is to ensure superior internal client satisfaction through excellent customer service.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as a strategic partner to the Executive Team, Sr. Director of Financial Services, and Company Leadership
- Provide expert decision and analytical support
- Participate in high level strategic conversations related to all parts of Corporate Financial Analysis, Planning, Budgeting, and Acquisition
- Streamline and improve reporting and budgeting procedures
- Develop and maintain financial models for financial planning purposes
- Run reports to collect information for financial planning, analysis, budgeting, and acquisition
- Assist in preparing monthly and quarterly management financial presentations and assist in providing the interpretive analysis of the data
- Drive the detailed development of the annual operating plan, financial forecasts, and strategic plans
- Play a key role in annual budget and strategic planning processes
- Support company's business overall to assess new business development efforts through modeling, research, financial analysis, pricing studies, competitive analyses, and other ad hoc projects
- Assist and/or prepare department budgets and monitor actual expenses
- Maintain a continuous improvement mindset and proactively identify, review, and implement process improvement
- Monitor/analyze revenue and EBITDA results and make recommendations for improvements
- based upon monthly performance
- Become an expert in the information systems and practices of The Management Trust
- Be available to train staff on systems, processes, and procedures
- Build strong internal, external, and cross-functional relationships
- Other duties and special projects as assigned
- Individuals with a bachelor's degree in accounting and professional certification (CPA, CFA, or CFM, ) or an advanced degree would be preferred
- 5-8 years' experience and 3+ year's related experience
- Advanced and/or specialty degrees/certifications plus leadership experience is desired
- Innovative thinking to work effectively cross-functionally in a matrixed environment
- Strong technology skills and working knowledge/understanding of business finance platforms
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced deadline environment while managing multiple tasks
- Partnering with leaders to make sound recommendations based on business need
- Strong MS Office skills (i.e., Excel), with comfort quickly mastering new software programs
- Ability to maintain confidence, confidentially, and composure during sometimes difficult or complex situations
- High degree of attention to detail and accuracy
- Ultimate professionalism, interpersonal, customer service, and teamwork skills
- Ability to effectively communicate and partner with internal and external partners of all levels
- Real Estate Management industry experience is a big plus
SPECIAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
- Must have and maintain a valid driver's license, vehicle insurance, and driving record in compliance with Company policy
- Use standard office equipment, including computer, phone, copier/scanner, etc.
- Be stationary for periods of time
- Relocate up to (25) pounds
- None, unless as directed by the Sr. Director of Financial Services and/or Executive Leadership.
SCHEDULE & TRAVEL:
- Monday-Friday from approx. 8:00 am-5:00 pm (hybrid remote availability)
- This position may require occasional long hours to meet business needs
The Management Trust is an Equal Opportunity employer. We celebrate and support diversity.
TMT reserves the right to modify this job description at any time based on business need.