We know what you're thinking. "What kind of name is IncredibleBank?"
Well, we're glad you asked.
With a name like IncredibleBank, we have a lot to live up to. Our name is a promise we make every day to our customers and to our team members (and hey, that could be you!). A promise that we strive to be incredible in everything we do. A promise that will help our customers, fellow team members, and our communities to do the incredible.
At IncredibleBank, we're all about ICE. What's ICE? ICE stands for Incredible Customer ExperienceTM (that's right - an experience so good and so important we trademarked it). ICE illustrates the core values that drive everything we do - how we conduct business, how we treat each other, and how we continuously strive to build on our model of customer-focused banking. Our core values have been in place for more than 50 years and continue to influence every aspect of our operation today.
So - how can you help us live up to our name?
About the Role
We are eager to discuss the prospect of you joining our team as our next incredible team member!
This position reports to the Regional Manager, Home Lending in Marquette, MI. Our Home Lenders will examine, evaluate, and authorize or recommend approval of customer applications for mortgage loans, including calling on client base, realtors and outside referral sources, and sphere of influence for mortgage applicant prospects. In this role, you will have an opportunity to partner with other team members and key stakeholders to provide Incredible Customer Experiences of your own! Duties and responsibilities may include:
- Interviews applicant to determine mortgage loan requirement and gather pertinent information for loan application.
- Requests applicant credit reports, background checks, reference checks, and other information pertinent to loan applicant's evaluation.
- Analyzes applicant financial status, credit, and assets to determine feasibility of granting loan or submits application for verification and recommendation.
- Resolves uncertainties relating to customer application information through inquiries with applicant or creditors.
- Compiles loan package and facilitates negotiation of loan structure with applicant, including fees, loan repayment options, and other credit terms.
- Ensures loan agreements are complete and accurate according to establishment policy.
- Timely submission of rate lock.
- Assures timely loan closing and funding activities.
- Identifies and analyzes potential loan markets to develop prospects for consumer loans.
- Advises loan manager of external factors that may affect establishment lending policies, such as new or revised legislation and regulations. Recommends and implements appropriate changes to establishment policies and procedures.
- Promotes and cross-sells other establishment products and services as appropriate to customer requirements.
- Provides loan data to support marketing and sales promotion programs.
- This position meets the definition of a Mortgage Loan Officer (MLO) by the SAFE Act regulations and is herby required to register and maintain a unique identifying number. The process is coordinated through the Human Resources Department.
This is a regular full-time hourly non-exempt position, averaging approximately 40 hours/week. Schedule may vary between the hours of 8:00 am to 5:30 pm EST Monday through Friday. The position does offer flexibility in the daily schedule given market and customer base.
You do what is right over what is easy. You don't settle for good enough. You're driven to learn and grow. You recognize your impact on the customer experience, regardless of your role.
Those attributes are just a few things our incredible employees have in common.
And, if you are looking for an opportunity to learn about banking and enjoy cash handling, we'd be so excited to learn a little more about you and your interest in joining the team! Our recommended and preferred qualifications are:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
- 3+ plus years successful mortgage sales experience; or equivalent combination of sales and other related field such as loan processing. A strong understanding of the Marquette, MI mortgage and housing markets is desired.
- Possess or have ability to obtain Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry (NMLS) License.
About Our Benefits and Compensation
Our promise of ICE extends to our employees as well. Our employees are our greatest asset, and we strive to show our appreciation by offering top-tier benefits and, dare we say, more than competitive compensation that we're willing to discuss up front.
And we are constantly evaluating and improving our benefits. In fact, eligible employees receive over 30 days off per calendar year! That includes 18 days of PTO to begin, PLUS an Anniversary Holiday, Birthday Holiday, Wellness Holiday, and 12 observed Bank Holidays.
Check out our total rewards package at: https://incrediblebank.mybenefitsapp.com/
About the Company
IncredibleBank first started in 1967 as River Valley Bank with a single location in Rothschild, WI. And we may have strong roots in community banking, but IncredibleBank wasn't awarded as one of America's Most Innovative Banks by the Independent Community Bankers of America for our popcorn Fridays. Though we do love free popcorn...
We strive to stay on the leading edge of banking technology with the goal providing the best, simplest way for our customers across the country to do their banking. But if our customers need us, they can pick up the phone and talk to a real person. And that's what makes us America's first national online community bank. And who doesn't love the idea of a national community?
Today, IncredibleBank is a $1.9 billion-asset institution that has grown to 15 brick-and-mortar locations with customers in all 50 states. But we know that as an employer, it's less about size than it is about culture. That's why we're especially proud to have been certified as a Great Place to Work.
Learn more about our Great Place to Work engagement results here: https://www.greatplacetowork.com/certified-company/7022621