Ohio Christian University's Online campus is seeking a dedicated and passionate English Adjunct Faculty member to join Ohio Christian University's Online Campus. The adjunct faculty will provide quality instruction to graduate students, using the university's learning management software (Brightspace).
If you have a biblical worldview and meet the qualification requirements, we encourage you to apply. It is our obligation to our students to hire the most experienced and highly qualified instructors who will support our university's vision to prepare world-impacting Christian servant leaders.
Salary ranges based on enrollment per class
Reports to the Associate Dean of the School of Arts and Sciences
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Teach online and asynchronous graduate level English courses, based on a pre-established curriculum
- ENG5000 Composition Studies
- ENG5100 Teaching Writing in the Disciplines
- ENG5120 Grant Writing
- ENG5200 Modern Rhetorical Theory
- ENG5300 Introduction to Literary and Cultural Theory
- ENG5400 Selected Works from Shakespeare
- ENG5500 Teaching of Literature, Grades 7-12
- Actively participate in weekly student discussions, providing constructive and timely feedback
- Submit weekly attendance and grade assignments and exams in a timely manner, providing robust feedback (video, voice recording, or written)
- Be available to students for individual questions
- Write new or revise current courses, as needed
- Participate in adjunct faculty meetings, as needed
According to Ohio Christian University employment policy all employees must possess a strong Christian commitment and adhere to the standards outlined in the OCU Community Lifestyle Statement.????
- Doctoral degree in English, English Literature, or a closely related field, from an accredited college or university. ABD candidates may also be considered.
- Previous teaching experience at the collegiate level, on campus or online
- A passion for teaching and a commitment to adult student success
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills to engage with diverse students and colleagues
- Experience teaching online using a learning management software (e.g., Brightspace, Blackboard, Canvas etc.) preferred
- Experience developing online curriculum preferred
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
As a religious educational institution operating under the auspices of The Churches of Christ in Christian Union, Ohio Christian University is permitted and reserves the right to prefer employees on the basis of religion (42 U.S.C., Sections 2000e-1 and 2000e-2).
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an 'at-will' basis, unless otherwise contractually bound.
Ohio Christian University is an Equal Opportunity Employer