Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I) are integral to who we are as an organization. We believe that our workforce should reflect the vast diversity of the communities we serve and that diverse voices should be elevated and intentionally integrated into our work. We welcome individuals from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized, or underrepresented groups to apply and join our team. Even if you feel as if you do not meet 100% of the qualifications, we still strongly encourage you to apply.
The Pirates Why
The Pittsburgh Pirates are a storied franchise in Major League Baseball who are reinventing themselves on every level. Boldly and relentlessly pursuing excellence by:
- purposefully developing a player and people-centered culture;
- deeply connecting with our fans, partners, and colleagues;
- passionately creating lifetime memories for generations of families and friends; and
- meaningfully impacting our communities and the game of baseball.
At the Pirates, we believe in the power of a diverse workforce and strive to create an inclusive culture centered in Passion, Innovation, Respect, Accountability, Teamwork, Empathy, and Service.
The Pittsburgh Pirates Security Team is looking for a 24-Hour Security Officer to protect our people and maintain safety at PNC Park. In this role, you will focus on customer service while providing premier guest experiences. As a 24-Hour Security Officer at PNC Park, you will be able to enjoy working at America’s Best Ballpark.
The 24-Hour Security Officer is responsible for monitoring, patrolling, and controlling access to PNC Park property. This position is also responsible for leading by example, as well as observing and reporting all violations of Pirates and PNC Park policies and procedures.
- Monitor personnel entry/exit, issue visitor passes, log vendors, and delivery vehicles.
- Conduct vehicle and foot patrols of PNC Park property, maintain a daily activity report on all activities and observations completed during shift, and obtain required follow-up actions from the previous shift.
- Monitor the closed-circuit television and alarm system for PNC Park for unusual activities and assist with the monitoring of the Central Alarm Station.
- Report actual/suspected violations of Pirates and PNC Park policies, procedures, rules, or regulations to Supervisor.
- Adhere to all Pirate and PNC Park policies, practices, and procedures, know and understand the 24-Hour Security Manual and always have a copy of the manual in the security office.
- Investigate incidents and, if necessary, complete an incident report on a timely basis.
- Observe the operations of HVAC equipment and fire alarm system and maintain records as required, in a timely and accurate manner.
- Address any security issues/calls and prevent unauthorized persons from loitering in the area of assignment.
- Guard against fire, theft, trespass, and vandalism
- All other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- Wear appropriate identification and personal protective equipment and always follow safety regulations, especially those related to employee safety.
- Always maintain radio & security cell phone contact.
- Carry a pencil/pen, paper, and flashlight at all times.