The Management Trust
Position Title: Cook – Prep Cook
Location: Motorcoach Country Club
Reporting To: Director of Food & Beverage
Status: Non-Exempt, Part-Time, Seasonal
Salary: $21.40 per hour
Seasonal Position – Approximately October 16, 2023 – April 30, 2024.
Orientation – Monday, October 16, 2023, 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
The Management Trust is a community association management company. We believe that building and maintaining a community takes more than just hammers and nails. It takes integrity, trust, experience, and support. Our success is based on the belief that effective management anticipates our clients’ needs, not merely reacts to them. We are a company of creative and committed individuals driven by grand aspirations and are proud to be the only 100% employee-owned community management firm in the nation. Our Employee Owners are encouraged to actively participate in growing our business by helping define best practices every day. It is in this spirit that we encourage you to explore this opportunity to join The Management Trust team.
EMPLOYEE OWNER POSITION PURPOSE:
The Prep Cook is responsible for storing and preparing raw ingredients and transform them into appropriate ingredients using specific and exacting guidelines and recipes, to be used by the line cooks and Chefs. The preparation occurs at the direction and supervision of the Sous Chefs and Executive Chef.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Receive all food deliveries with the supervision of the Director of Food and Beverage.
- Break down all boxes and packaging materials. Properly dispose and recycle items
- Properly store all raw food ingredients including produce, meat, fish, poultry, dairy and dry goods in the appropriate storage room, walk-in refrigerator, freezer or cooler.
- Properly place and organize used and soiled equipment in the appropriate area of the dishwashing station, (pots in the pot sink…dishes stacked at the dish machine).
- Heat items for service to appropriate temperatures for service.
- Produce appropriate amount of prepped items according to the anticipated level of business. Confer with the Sous Chefs or Executive Chef to determine specific quantities for each shift.
- Abide by and enforce strict health and safety standards, including those established by the state
- Other duties and special projects as assigned
- Current Food Handler Card (Riverside County)
- High School Diploma (or equivalent); Culinary Degree preferred
- Proficiency in kitchen administration and meal preparation – with a minimum of (2) years of experience
- Familiarity with country club/hotel/high-end operations
- Conflict resolution skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Must be a team player who is committed to delivering high-level customer service
- Adaptable and dependable with a solid attendance record; attend all required meetings
- Professional and respectful demeanor with all staff and guests at all times
- Ability to work independently and follow instructions with minimal supervision
SPECIAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
- Use standard kitchen equipment and supplies, including: appliances, tools, knives (excellent knife skills required) and food/beverages
- Keen eye-hand coordination, as well as an astute sense of taste and smell
- Be stationary or in motion for periods of time (often in motion)
- Ability to grasp, push or pull heavy loads, up to 50 pounds
SUPERVISES OTHERS? IF SO, LIST:
SCHEDULE & TRAVEL:
- Shifts will vary based on business need
- May be required to work long hours, weekends, and holidays
The Management Trust is an Equal Opportunity employer. We celebrate and support diversity.
TMT reserves the right to modify this job description at any time based on business need.
|We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We celebrate and support diversity.
The Management Trust reserves the right to modify any job description at any time based on business need.