You deserve a job that you feel proud of, where you can channel your knowledge and skills into projects that positively affect communities, and where you design your own path. This is Alliant. Become an employee-owner of a growing engineering and consulting firm where we strive to provide a diverse and equitable culture of support and opportunities. Our success is driven by our employee-owners, and we're excited to have you be a part of it.
The Impact You'll Have:
Come and join our team! This paid internship will provide ample opportunity to participate as a valuable member of our engineering team by working on meaningful projects, while being supported and mentored by our experienced engineering staff. This exciting opportunity will work out of our Mankato, MN office. This internship is part time. We are looking for the individual to work 16 hours per week.
The intern will be responsible for providing engineering support for our transportation group. Typical project types you will be exposed to include a wide variety of state, county, and municipal transportation projects. You will have the opportunity to design urban and rural roadway systems.
Tasks You'll Assist With:
- Assist with preliminary and final design of projects
- Perform design computations and analyses
- Assist with preparation of engineering reports and supporting documents
- Assist in the preparation of construction drawings, specifications and cost estimates
- Coordinate design decisions with other engineering disciplines
- Plan, coordinate, and execute work in a safe, timely, cost-effective and compliant manner
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- In pursuit of a bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong technical and problem solving skills
- Experience using Microstation is highly desirable
Internship begins September 2023 and will conclude May 2024 unless extended
At Alliant, we take care of our employees by offering a world class benefit package including:
- Competitive salary
- Wellness Programs & Competitions
- Flexible Schedules
- Casual work environment
- Community Involvement/Charity Events
- Numerous Employee Focused Events (Lunch & Learns, Quarterly Off-Site Socials, etc.)
Who We Are:
Alliant Engineering, Inc., an employee-owned company, is a growing engineering, planning, landscape architecture, and surveying firm with a strong culture of customer service, quality, delivery, and innovation. At Alliant we work hard; we have fun; and we love it.
We design solutions that address current needs while paving the way for a brighter future. We provide a culture of diversity, equity, and support, where everyone is given the opportunity to grow and succeed. We approach every project with unwavering confidence yet remain humbly committed to designing work that speaks for itself. At Alliant, our employee-owners are the force behind our success, and we can't wait for you to join us to build better communities with excellence and passion.
The selected candidate must be authorized to work for any employer in the U.S. without requiring visa sponsorship now or in the future.
|We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.